• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dusted Crystal, Frosted Vinyl....

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I've installed a bunch of this over the years, but yesterday I installed some that just kicked my butt. I don't recall which was which, but one of them wouldn't release from the transfer paper and the other wouldn't release from the backer. I don't usually have a problem with vinyl, but this job ate my lunch.

The backer on one of them is below...I don't recognize the logo.

My question is, is there a certain transfer paper and backing recommended for one but maybe not the other?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 175

RyanFelty

I just recently did a job like this and used our thicker matte laminate and it actually turned out looking really good and it was pretty easy to work with. Try it sometime the people we did the job for loved it.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I do subcontract installations, so everything is provided by others. I'm just not familiar enough with the exact requirements as far as which transfer paper and backing should be used with which vinyl. It doesn't seem like the materials used were meant to be used together.