Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dusted Crystal, Frosted Vinyl....

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Moze, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I've installed a bunch of this over the years, but yesterday I installed some that just kicked my butt. I don't recall which was which, but one of them wouldn't release from the transfer paper and the other wouldn't release from the backer. I don't usually have a problem with vinyl, but this job ate my lunch.

The backer on one of them is below...I don't recognize the logo.

My question is, is there a certain transfer paper and backing recommended for one but maybe not the other?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. g&eprinting

g&eprinting Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Everett MA
    :ROFLMAO:This job ate my lunch.....

3. RyanFelty

RyanFelty Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I just recently did a job like this and used our thicker matte laminate and it actually turned out looking really good and it was pretty easy to work with. Try it sometime the people we did the job for loved it.

4. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I do subcontract installations, so everything is provided by others. I'm just not familiar enough with the exact requirements as far as which transfer paper and backing should be used with which vinyl. It doesn't seem like the materials used were meant to be used together.