Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DWG Files (AutoCad)

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Tony Teveris, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

How many people get DWG files that are generated from AutoCad. How often do you receive these types of files?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    We get various files generated out of AutoCad including DWG, DXF and EPS. We never have much luck and definitely do not have fun trying to work with them.

3. williamson design

williamson design Member

Jun 20, 2005
    If im not mistaken you can open DWG & DXF in Adobe Illustrator, and output or save to desired format.

I do know that a lot of the AutoCAD formats have a lot of "lines" that are not connected.

Glen

4. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    don't think the lines of most text in an autocad text is conected gotta draw with polylines but Kenny is the autocad expert I think I know he still uses it every day last I taught it was release 14 1990? 91?

5. Kenny

Kenny Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Texas
    ...I print to a PDF file directly from Autocad...makes a clean file for import, and you can control all images, line-weights, etc. at the time of print.

Autocad 2007 has a new DWG file format, so you will have to save down even for newer releases of vector software in order to import DWG/DXF files.