• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx 5 printhead F18600

tsopis

firmware for jv33

Hi, i need to change a printhead of a Mimaki JV33 with a new non-original one.
My machine has firmware 4.1
Does anyone could send me all the between firmwares to downgrade to 2.20?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Hi, i need to change a printhead of a Mimaki JV33 with a new non-original one.
My machine has firmware 4.1
Does anyone could send me all the between firmwares to downgrade to 2.20?

You might not have very good luck asking for Mimaki firmware in a Mutoh forum and thread....

Aside from that did you read in the Mimaki threads? Specifically the JV33 bible thread where there is a link to get the firmware you are asking for? http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?80525-jv33-bible/page2

tsopis

downgrade

You might not have very good luck asking for Mimaki firmware in a Mutoh forum and thread....

Aside from that did you read in the Mimaki threads? Specifically the JV33 bible thread where there is a link to get the firmware you are asking for? http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?80525-jv33-bible/page2

Thanks for the link sightline. Do you know if i can downgrade from my version 4.1 to 2.2?
Do i have to go from 4.1 to 4.0, after to 3.2 and finally to 2.2?

ivofotev

work hard
Golden epson dx5 from epson r2000 in a valuejet 1614

Hello guys ! Just to keep this post alive, I want to mention my experience from this morning......Bought an EPSON R2000 with a paper jam for 10 GBP. It came a very clean machine with a rubber band stuck in the drive roll, that was hard to see. The head couldn't be tested due to empty black inks. I just removed it, put my old solvent mainfold from the MUTOH ValueJet 1614 and inserted in the MUTOH. I expected the printer will just show an error, as the head is golden plated and according to all photos of the cable connectors it should be LOCKED. I don't know what a LOCKED head should do, but the printer initialized and did a nozzle check....perfect...at first sight only :) when I printed a file , there was like missing 10 mm colors at different widths. Maybe it's what a LOCKED head looks like. I will now order an unlock card and test it. If it works...it will be worth the try for 10 GBP for a head and 50 USD for a card.I will keep You in touch if the head will work on MUTOH 1614.
Regards ,IVO

ivofotev

work hard
Hello ! Just a quick UPDATE ! I just got the unlock card from CHINA today. SO FAR, SO GOOD !!! I GOT MY VJ1614 BACK IN BUSINESS......COFIRMED - F186000 + unlock card - WORKS on MUTOH 1614 .... THANKS ALL for the INFO !!!

rrd

IIvofotev Looks like you're the expert now. I need to replace head in 1204 and been hunting heads. So basically i need to find and unlocked f186000 head?