• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX 6 Print head comparison

Atomic DNA

I was curious to know if the DX6 printhead would be comparable to the thin film piezo print head (TFP) found on the Epson 7890/9890/11880? The TFP head doesn't give a model number but does look very similar. Having a hard time sourcing the OEM TFP Epson head for the 7890 and didn't know if I could make another company's DX6 work.

I found DX6's for the 7700/9700 series printers for the Epson. Did not know if these would cross-reference as well.

inkmed

Epson is actually printer head producer, many Roland Mutoh and Mimaki printers' heads were made by Epson.
So, Epson DX4 DX5 head can compatible some of these printers, but Epson printer can only use Epson head.
When you need new printer head, just search it based on printer name like Epson 9700 or Epson 9800.
Some printer heads looks same, but they are different. Like Epson 4910 head looks same to Epson 9700 head, but they are really different.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Robert M

New epson heads

The TFP heads are completely different, they are a 10 channel with 360 nozzles per inch. The new Sure Color is the only solvent printer using them
pm me for more info