Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DX2 print head for Roland Cj-500

Discussion in 'Roland' started by anozira02, Apr 3, 2011.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Hi, I just bought two brand new print heads without ranking numbers, actually there are 5 numbers on the left and seven on the other side. I noticed they do not have the letter L or the letter R on them.,, does it make any difference which side to install which?

Tags:
  2. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    CJ uses the 5 digit (example 16216) and you will notice some you can't change. It jumps to the next number. You really only change 2 or 3 of them (not sure off hand without entering into the service mode) Also you don't have to worry about L or R as they are the same heads. The head rank is important so try to get them entered correct.

3. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Thanks a bunch..I thought there were black heads and color heads somewhat in that order..

4. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    The reason they have a black and a color is for the 4 color printers. They have a single black and then a color (3 nibs). We have 6 colors so we just use two color heads. Not sure why Roland needed to list a left and right.