Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dx2 printhead source

Discussion in 'Roland' started by maynemag, Jun 2, 2011.

1. maynemag

maynemag Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Covington, Georgia
    I am having trouble finding a couple of printheads for my FJ-50. My usual source (encompass parts)is now saying that Epson is now controlling the sale of all their inkjet printheads and I will have to contact them directly. I really don't want to go through their recommended dealers because I know that what I usually pay for printheads will be doubled if not tripled in price. I have searched ebay but even there the price has gone up. I usually pay somewhere between $100-$125 per head. Anyone have a source where they get theirs?

Tags:
  2. klemgraphics

klemgraphics Active Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Midwest
    The best price I have seen on them was $225 I think, and I didn't think that was too bad.

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Apr 7, 2011
    At Digiprint Supplies, those print-heads are 162 Euros.

4. mrfern

mrfern Member

Dec 29, 2010

I have also seen this. I am purchasing a new pair from a Japan site I was told about. The reference used them first hand and had no issue with the print heads. 150 is the price. If 10 or more are ordered then the price goes down to 140 per head. I will try 2 and then order at least 3 sets. Seems like these parts are getting harder and harder to come by.

pm me if you want the site. not sure I can post it here..

mrfern :notworthy:

5. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I happen to keep a few DX2 heads in stock...price is $ 192.00 they are harder and harder to get.

6. Mochistlan

Mochistlan Member

Feb 5, 2010
    what kind of ink can you use on DX 2 print head

hello guys, I friend of mine has a roland printer, I believe is colorcamm, he bought the printer in 1999-2000, the print head is not DX-4, the printer is in good condition, he has never use it. I believe that is DX2 print head, but what kind of ink do you need, eco-solvent ink?
    I hope someone can help me.

7. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Those printers were conceived to print with water-based inks(sublimation), but you can convert it to eco-sol inks. You will have to replace some parts.