• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX2 printhead

Arthur Sanchez

Does any one have 2 dx2 print heads for sale (cheap)? There is a place in Indonesia that is selling them for $115!!! Sounds to good to be true.

Arthur Sanchez

Here is their address:
Junaidsite.com
JL. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 2
12920 - Jakarta Pusat
Jakarta - Indonesia
I have tried to order but I haven't gotten any response. I'm not sure if it's legit or a con

CRD

For what it is worth.

Digiprint heads do not come with HEAD ID's if you are looking for that!
I ordered a colour head in December 2011.......

Epson DX2 original, solvent resistant print head suitable for Mutoh Rockhopper 38 printers. This is the original Epson DX2 solvent black printhead, delivered in a sealed Epson original package with head ID. Mutoh part number is DE-49733.

Once you receive them and contact support the ID is not there they tell you to change the middle number of the current head ID in the machine.
In my case it worked, but can not tell about others.

Mutoh Belgium says they are grey import and Mutoh will not support them.

In my opinion it is false advertisement about the head ID but what can you do about it?

Paco

klemgraphics

For what it is worth.

Digiprint heads do not come with HEAD ID's if you are looking for that!
I ordered a colour head in December 2011.......

Once you receive them and contact support the ID is not there they tell you to change the middle number of the current head ID in the machine.
In my case it worked, but can not tell about others.

Mutoh Belgium says they are grey import and Mutoh will not support them.

In my opinion it is false advertisement about the head ID but what can you do about it?

Paco

If your talking head rank, I just received 2 of them today from digiprint and they have the head rank wrote on the side just like all of the others I have ever ordered from anywhere else. Quick shipment too, I ordered on Monday afternoon, received them this morning.

printmares

DX2..model types

Thats good information about the Digiprint - Epson source for print heads, but understand that it may not work out for everyone. Thanks.

Does 'DX2' refer to a general generation of print head. I see various geometries/types of DX2 heads.

Also, I'm looking for a left and right print head for a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48" printer. I see no official model number for the printer, but have seen some references to the RJ8000 and see that the Rockhopper is very similar. I'm just trying to find cheap print head for that model.

CRD

Klemgraphics,

Good to hear some now have better results with the HEAD rank from digi print.
Your correct they are fast with delivery no doubt about that.
Unfortunenatly I had other results for the head rank. Maybe they bettered their way of working.
if you like to read it ... http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88165&page=2
Just curious was the head rank a sticker?
Written with a sharpie on the side?

Paco

CRD

As far as I know the DX2 colour heads will fit the larger rockhoppers.
You need 2 of them as you use 6 colors.
The '38 has a special black head.

Paco

ruckusman

If the head rank numbers are the same format as Epson, the Stylus color 3000, 7000 and 9000 heads are the same.

I can't vouch for whether or not there are solvent resistant manifolds

You may need to provide serial numbers of the Epson printers to purchase them from parts suppliers.

I enquired recently about Epson 3000 heads, they were ~$60 & ~$75 AUD for black and colour respectively

peace out

printmares

It seems that Epson is the only one that manufactures them for Mutoh. Neither Mutoh or Epson wants to support that head, but charge prices to help get certain models obsolete. I don't understand why anyone would worry about after market sources (if any exist) if the company does not want to support them anyways. We will pay more because we can not buy through Epson anymore(?)