• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX4 Aquaeous to eco solvent conversion possible ?

Wintersun

Well, its more the heads im thinking..
We have a Mimaki JV3, but i have a set of Epson 10000 aqueous heads
wondering if they can be modified to carry eco solvent, as they cant at the moment from what im led to believe.

Robert M

DX4 heads

As they are currently, the plastic manifold is designed to melt once solvents hit it. Change out the manifold to the solvent style and make sure you flush out all the aqueous inks. Flush with the solution provided by the ink supplier.
I have them at www.solventinkjet.com

artbot

make sure you properly clean out the head whether there is storing fluid or waterbased ink in the head. if the solvent ink touches water of any kind it will coagulate and lock up the head in seconds.

Wintersun

thanks for the reply artbot.
while your here, do you happen to have a mimaki jv 160sp firmware before 3.1 ?
i upgraded from 1.4 and its rendered my inks as non original inks and i cant use them anymore, i even tried taking the battery out of the MB and that didnt sort the problem out either.
I only upgraded the firmware because my take up drive wasnt working, sure enough after upgrading the FW the take up drive worked, but it killed the inks, so i need help.
If you do happen to have a fw prior to 3.1 could you send me a zip of it maybe ?