• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help DX4 cap cleaning?

Boyanski

Hi,
the new/ old/ XC 540 i bought last week developed a magenta head problem the day before which after looking here and there i diagnosed as a cap clog. As it prints, some nozzles start missing, but when i try to suck from line connected at the pump, nothing comes. As much as i pull. other lines ok.

Now the problem lies that i bought spare pumps, 8 caps, 20 dumpers and so on. But from here and there. some from China, some from Germany, etc. I am in Spain. And i still don't have any cleaning liquid, which i am waiting to come from Germany, as in Spain all is prohibitively expensive.

Any fast way to clean the cap with acetone or a paint solvent or something? Just have to work a day or 2 more. As i need urgently to pull ink through that head. Luckily yesterday was not completely dry.

Any ideas? I wish i had a cleaning liquid or at least a spare capping, so i could pull directly from the head in cleaning position.

Boyanski

OK, my own reply. Sent head to cleaning position, took the big syringe and tried to pull, nothing. So i pushed. Should have put a towel on place, it sprayed up a bit. Luckily not much. Bump and it unclogged. Some polyurethane thinner, sucking, cleaning and then head on place. Purging again and head cleaned.