• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX4 / DX5 true solvent or not?

wanderer

hi

Im wondering about DX4 head solvent capability

Can they withstand solvents like the seiko 512 head, or can the Epson head only work with light solvent and eco solvent?

Natually I understand clogging raise an issue bot apart from that was wondering how strong the heads are?

Thanks in advance!

ChicagoGraphics

light/mild solvent and eco solvent, no you wont be getting that $9.00 a liter of hard solvent ink to work in those dx4/5 heads.

wanderer

Well CG thanks for your feedback.

Actually not looking for cheap ink.

My problem is that a media polyester, I have found that only SK4 stick on that, been through a lot of ink nothing works.

So I might have to buy a chinese machine to run the ink , but Im not happy about that, do you have any idear if the seiko colourpainter would stand for that, they sell it as light solvent.

Cheers

Steen

wanderer

Thanks for your feedback, I will give it a try and see what will happen. Can see that your able to supply new heads if needed....