• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX4 head -> convert to solvent

CropMarks

Hello... I am in the middle of doing a conversion of my FJ-540 to print eco-sol MAX and we are a little stuck on the part of installing the new solvent resistant plates onto the heads. The part that is confusing is there is a "sub-plate" that looks like it has O-rings in it that do not come out (at least I think they do not come out) How does this thing go back together?

Do we put the new double ring over the top of the old ones? Do we not need those? if you could take a look at the picture that I am attaching that might help.

Thanks for any and all help... I really appreciate it!!!!

Mike.

Attachments

• solvent plate.jpg
    solvent plate.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 79

macmedia

Do not use the old plate nor the old manifold.

All you have to do is put the new double o-ring and new manifold on and it's good to go.

Remember, that you have to carefully flush out the head afterwards before introducing the solvent ink

Kent
Mac Media USA, inc.
www.macmedia.com

CropMarks

Thank you for the replies. I'm going by memory here, but I remember looking at it last night and thinking that it needed a sub-plate to take up the space between the head and the top plate. Are you saying that the new twin seal can be put in place and it will stay put?

CropMarks

Yep... you lose the the middle plate and just go with the top solvent resistant plate and the double seal... and that was it!

The only thing left to do now is to tell the machine it has new pumps... insert the ink and teach the heaters how to not overshoot. (and fiddle with anything else that pops up.)

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!

Mike.