• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx4 print head must read

bovegas

I just wanted to let you know what i had discovered, I have purchased Head unit for Epson 10600 which comes with 3 heads, I have extracted 3 heads and have installled them in my Roland CJ-540 and they work pefect, I did not change head rank and it doesnt make any diference. Actually I think it prints better than before. I think Epson keeps better heads for themself and gives second class heads to Roland, Mutoh etc,,, I am using now aquius ink but i am planing to convert it to eco solvent in one week, I have parts ordered, I am planing to clean the system with windex prior to inserting solvent cleaning cartridge, I will let you know how it goes,,,,

4R Graphics

Where did you get the head unit?

I have heard that the 10600 had the dx4 heads but I was told that you can not buy this part you have to be an epson dealer and they install it.

Also I have heard and spoke with those that I know to know what they are talking about and they say that the aquas heads are the same as the solvent heads the only difference is the black plastic manifold on top.

bovegas

I got it from local epson dealer. He has charged me 100 bucks for a favor. Still its a great deal $1300 total including tax. If you know somebody who has 10600 epson you can ask him to order for you. They require serial number from epson printer when you call. Only thing I am a little woried if heads would be clogged when I run solvent through them since now is pigment ink. I was thinking to run first windex before i put solvent

sfr table hockey

I am not sure what the windex would do when flushing but when I flushed my first waterbased Roland I started with warm water to start the flush. Then used Isopropyl Alcohol and then actual waterbased cleaning fluid. After that I used some solvent based cleaning fluid to do a final flush in hopes to get all the waterbased fluid out. This was just flushing lines out not print heads. I did see some gel like clumps coming out of the final solvent cleaning fluid flush which tells me that if that stuff got into a head (reaction from waterbased and solvent mixing) it could block some of the jets in the heads and be hard to flush out.

So if you can clean the heads separate from the rest of the flush you may have better results. I'm not sure if it's possible to flush the heads and let them dry out in hopes that there would be no waterbased residue before you flush with solvent cleaner.

bovegas

Epson does test print heads prior to sell them, and what I heard and read (some posts about it are on this website), they keep the best heads for themself. The rest they sell to Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki etc.. Since they make money on ink they are selling those heads for much more. Thats why they are priced at $800+. Their whole head unit with dumpers and 3 heads cost $1190 for Epson Stylus Pro 10600.
To those few retards with dumb coments about Epson head department. I am trying to let everybody know that is posible to get those heads much cheaper than $800+ and they are even better heads. If this information is out price of the heads will drop down sooner than later. So if you dont have a life and your whole world is signs101.com than I understand your need to try to be funny overhere.

CheapVehicleWrap

Epson does test print heads prior to sell them, and what I heard and read (some posts about it are on this website), they keep the best heads for themself. The rest they sell to Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki etc.. Since they make money on ink they are selling those heads for much more. Thats why they are priced at $800+. Their whole head unit with dumpers and 3 heads cost $1190 for Epson Stylus Pro 10600.
To those few retards with dumb coments about Epson head department. I am trying to let everybody know that is posible to get those heads much cheaper than $800+ and they are even better heads. If this information is out price of the heads will drop down sooner than later. So if you dont have a life and your whole world is signs101.com than I understand your need to try to be funny overhere.

My apologies your greatness. I shall not joke on your threads again for fear that you may laugh too hard and pull the stitches out; thereby reversing your vasectomy. And we certainly don't want the likes of you reproducing now do we.

Robert M

Those heads

Beware, those heads are working fine in your CJ but will fail once you go solvent. You need to change the plastic manifold on the head to a solvent one, which I happen to have at www.solventinkjet.com

artbot

i'd use the butyl cellosolve or better butyl carbitol (straight, no acetone).

both the the solvent ink and the aqueous ink have a butyl cellosolve (glycol ether base). ...water is a solvent and the ketones in "solvent ink" are... a solvent. but the great thing is that they have this one chemical in common. i'd avoid using any kind of alcohol. the fast evaporation rate will lead to condensation which will coagulate the solvent ink in the lines. the glycol ether will absorb and flush the water then act as a miscible bridge between the two inks.

Lincan

bovegas, I will follow your forum, I plan to buy a Roland Printer, your news is very very good news for us who have Roland, mimaki, or other ecosolvent printers that want more cheap alternative from those who sell the ecosolvent printhead. Once this news is spread it will be disaster for them who sell but good news for us, printers. The 10600 is use dx4 how about epson 3880, 4880, 4900, are they use dx5 printhead, or even dx7 golden head?
This is even more interesting!!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Buy the new head again for solvent; sell the used water heads to somebody else. You don't wash well; you lose water head. plain and simple.