• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx4 Printhead Epson 10000

stevesign

Epson DX4 Head

Hi,

Most Epson spare parts stockists should sell you this head, your best option is to go a Epson Stylus Pro 10,600 head unit.

You can extract the 3 original DX4 heads from the unit, and change the manifolds (depending on if you are using Water based, or Solvent inks).

3 x DX4 heads cost around $1300 US. (Around $430 each).

You can buy them online here: http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/Epson-10000---10600-Print-Head-p13482.html

Even the Far East suppliers are only coming in with prices around $580 per head currently.

Steve

stevesign

DX4 Heads.

I don't have experience with them, however, all their parts are original Epson sealed parts, so you won't have any problem.

As for the 10,600 head unit, yes, i always buy the 3 heads together and switch the manifolds to solvent.

Steve

------------------------

12 Summa Plotters
11 Roland Printers
10 Mutoh Falcons
9 Sharp Scalpels
8 Staff a Signing.
7 Vinyl Rolls
6 Gerber Printers
5 Gold Squeegues
4 Foamex Panels
3 Metre Rulers
2 Chalk-Lines
and a Partridge in a pear tree.

Last edited:

mrsoliver

I have been fooling around with some of the Chinese suppliers and the best price so far with all of the extra cost is about $620 - Steve your $430 sounds pretty sweet - thanks

benjercorp

Digi print prices ain't dollars but euro!! $799.00 per head plus $60 more on shipping wow going up!!! Forget digi print!!

Charly L

That seems like a great idea. You can find a used working 10600 printer for 750. Not to mention the other epson printers that use the dx4 head.

Charly L

So for this to work in a sp-540 i need to switch the manifold to solvent. How does one go about switching from water to solvent. Simple green? Roland eco solvent cleaner? These are brand new, never used. Just got them off ebay. :)