• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dx4 printhead nightmare

Mysigns4u

Hi everyone, don't have any one to cry to so I am letting it out, if u have any input or seen similar let me know.

I am rebuilding a roland xj740 ordered 6 heads 2 doa and cyan iffy nozzsl check. Bought From china delivered fast and heads look clean and new with the normal cleaning fluid on them.

So I thought I better order the next two in question new from premier colour online.
They came didn't look as nice as china one had a damper mark on them as well a cyan and magenta color solution on them, tough maybe the testing from epson made them look like that,

Pulled bordeaux cleaner removing any foreign solution and installed like other 4 on print test.

Bang my head china heads gave me a nozzle check faster and ease

I am at the breaking point, change dampers, alignment over cap top even a power clean spilling my blood.

Any suggestions

Attachments

• 20151226_203424.jpg
    20151226_203424.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 896

player

I have never seen a new head with ink on them. I have only seen a few new heads, but they all looked new...

FrankW

I do DX4 Head Replacement for years as a technician, and never had one DOA. Have you replaced the dampers too?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is very rare for a DX4 head to be DOA but I have seen it happen 1 or 2 times out of hundreds of good ones. My first thought if there are 2 DOAs is that something else is causing the issue such as a bad damper, cable or ink. They do test the heads at the manufacturer so you will usually see some magenta or cyan colored fluid on the head but it is not ink. You can usually tell the difference by how opaque the fluid is. If it is opaque and kind of sticky, it's ink. If it is more transparent and watery, it is test fluid. A mark will sometimes be apparent on the manifold due to this testing as well.

Mysigns4u

Sol

Thank u for looking at my post, the seller of the heads ensures me these heads are new, ask me to provide him with a step step install so he could send it in to roland see what they say, which will be sh it out o luck, I followed my field manual but I am no tec.

switch heads around no luck with them others ok

guess ill need two more heads

FLAGLOFT

Never worked on a roland before, but when i replace heads and dampers on my mimki air is always an issue. i always have to replace gaskets on my dampers and get all air out of the line before installing. then on my mimki and have to do 3 ink fills on the new heads to get them to hold a charge. dont know of this helps.

Mysigns4u

Thank you for the replying we replace dampers Check air tried different things just those head even after sitting in time out just don't wanna do there work. Will order new heads next week, after the new year

stickarz

My Past Experience

I have had this a few times being the capping not seating on the head sometimes or when its been sitting in hot days.
past methods in fixing (mine)
1. Move heads out of the way of the damper
2. Syringe a bit of cleaner into the caps and watch if it drains (Magenta always gives me grief)
3. If not clean or replace cap also check the drain tube if good go to 4
4. Remove In hose on the pump Syringe cleaning sol into pump make sure the hose to the drain bottle is not blocked dont forget check block the t connector
5. move heads back and wind up the caps to meet heads
6. Check ink level in damper (after sitting over night) if low 4 reasons air leak in rubber o-ring, faulty damper, seal in ink cartridge area, or you didnt prime it first
turn upside down and syringe up to get the air out and put back on the manifold
7. Grab a syringe and the hose that comes from the cap very slowly..slowly suck out ink
8. Do a clean (normal) then do a test print

The only other thing I can think of is the seal between the manifold and the head body Good Luck
This is my experience and may not be yours but this is always what I do when I have a problem Very much like yours Mark

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I advised Tim that these printheads are new, sold as is if not installed by our factory trained Roland technician, Mike Comstock. He agreed. Now he's got problems. I further understand that he replaced the ink line NOT from the factory. Ink line has surface tension. Has the eco solvent ink dissolved the ink line to create clogging on the new printhead? Was the damper or cap top replaced? Are you using aftermarket ink? Are these aftermarket ink too old? Is your machine already having problem burning the two printheads from China. You did not know, the next second you burned two again without fixing the existing problem. Too many possibilities could happen or the user just didn't know. That's why Roland's printhead policy is: if you are not using their technician to install, printhead is sold as is. So we followed the rule.

Not very good business practice.

Francis

Hi everyone, don't have any one to cry to so I am letting it out, if u have any input or seen similar let me know.

I am rebuilding a roland xj740 ordered 6 heads 2 doa and cyan iffy nozzsl check. Bought From china delivered fast and heads look clean and new with the normal cleaning fluid on them.

So I thought I better order the next two in question new from premier colour online.
They came didn't look as nice as china one had a damper mark on them as well a cyan and magenta color solution on them, tough maybe the testing from epson made them look like that,

Pulled bordeaux cleaner removing any foreign solution and installed like other 4 on print test.

Bang my head china heads gave me a nozzle check faster and ease

I am at the breaking point, change dampers, alignment over cap top even a power clean spilling my blood.

Any suggestions

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Some times, there will be a little liquid on new printer head nozzle surface.
But the new heads will have not any damper mark.

Mysigns4u

New heads

Thank u ever one for your help had to order heads over seas unfortunately due to finance but all went well I'm up and running now.There must been some fluke on those head channels,Only issue now is a air bubble in the lines but printing well just need keep an eye on it.

Attachments

• 20160125_124745.jpg
    20160125_124745.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 346

juf1an

Thank u ever one for your help had to order heads over seas unfortunately due to finance but all went well I'm up and running now.There must been some fluke on those head channels,Only issue now is a air bubble in the lines but printing well just need keep an eye on it.

I change the dumper of yellow, and look like yours. Thats ok?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 776