• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question dx4 XC-540 wiper thickness?

Boyanski

Hi,
just received 8 blue wipers from fleabay but couldnt fit them . Seem too thick, will not enter properly and hit the metal in front of the wiper cleaner.

So are they color coded or sth? I don't know why i bought the blue one, just liked the color.
Old wipers are so smashed... I have to figure which wiper to buy. Any ideas?

wiper_information.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Almost every after market Roland wiper I have tried is too stiff and gets stuck on the wiper scraper. The blue rubber is usually the stiffer type as well.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Just realized this was an old thread, but the info is still good. Check with Solventinkjet.com. They have a soft wiper that works very well with the Roland series printers that use that wiper mechanism. Just specify to them you want the soft wipers.

Regards,
Jim Hancock

Last edited:

Boyanski

While i was waiting for the new original wipers to come from China, i did something very interesting. Cut a 2$ mini silicone glove for ovens and barbecue, obtained from Asian shop. 1,4mm thick. Used them till last week, so 2 months more or less. perfect result. Now i have fit the original wipers, but just an idea... On the photo you can appreciate the old ugly wiper and the cut to size by me and exacto knife new ones. I cleaned them using my 50-50 acetone home made solution, so no problem at all.

M00FRIL914K7KeKQnVUk9JSL8vCkmgCZ2FMNILAYdu6skXPhR8Lkzc1PHONicUW95lW9QDoGKAWJcBVgUM6-58KPQlklQLiKqloc0WGF-MnF0blXa7gWTfLCu0X9a4oJUTsysuigElKICGBU6or2aZbm-Sy84Kgyjhh6AZvDJqYrCmG1YedlCngGKVsVTXPlyddncHMHhpeklEBqa43odG4Le0b-ptNpSIGVeJ_rS6y4rFttKiR073b_YKk-3-o67U2Nh6Xl5s9eTK8SUmiXMzEsFLzY2l7JixWsx6Dhs6s-6iFWYkpnuxd1w6j20x9dW3bRO_PmricfVKAd5vYj5sdLNuOQSkM6QfabduKryrUGfDN7zFUkjuw4CsOdIo4W7t-PBnoGpjda9Z-DwFmTD62nhv2QXY9sNmrpW5Sq4SeXp_8Hbf5JA0LVmG_sQLUJlnZi44ZykP5ixJ3kvvZ6n602it44CFQBya9-jZOCfLRSyJmveMS-FyxmUNSvR61d8UNt_YX6GMIBf6-i4srOL1TSr06Bhp9Z0e4gbHxdHJokn3Xk2RD3dM00Ae0_FT2xgSnpVTDPIbvlpyNVid2Ll6jTWFQVImdYO7a6F9zffzqmvQIMurGfkDr3zEY6M6tcvdi7SOiyGlv0n_CIn3A_hot3CKMVou4brhr7P_3rTzS3gXhEBIQ8SuCK=w816-h1450-no