• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx5 head for jv33 came without head mem pcb

shifil_mimak

HELLO FRIENDZZZ,, I GOT A NEW DX5 PRINT HEAD FOR MY MIMAKI JV33-160 MACHINE.
BUT THIS NEW PIECE CAME WITHOUT THE HEAD MEMMORY PCB,,,,,,,WHEREAS THE OLD PRINT HEAD HAVE A HEAD MEMMORY PCB CARD AND A CABLE COMING FROM THE SLIDER PCB WHICH HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO THIS CARD,,,,,,,
HOW CAN I GET MY MACHINE RUNNING IN THIS CONDITION.
IF THE CABLE FROM THE SLIDER PCB LEFT FREE, THEN THE MACHINE GIVES HEAD MEMMORY ERROR & HANGS.
PIC ATTACHED....PLSE HAV A LOOK & SUGGEST.....THANKS IN ADVANCE.
attachment.php

Attachments

• JV33-160BS.jpg
    JV33-160BS.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 700

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Remove that little head memory board from the old head, stick it to the new head with a small bit of banner tape, and connect it up. However if the new head has a black connector for the main head cables then the machine still might not work and will give a head device construction error. If that is the case then search on these forums for device construction error to learn a lot about that....

brightbanner

i like vivid color
HELLO FRIENDZZZ,, I GOT A NEW DX5 PRINT HEAD FOR MY MIMAKI JV33-160 MACHINE.
BUT THIS NEW PIECE CAME WITHOUT THE HEAD MEMMORY PCB,,,,,,,WHEREAS THE OLD PRINT HEAD HAVE A HEAD MEMMORY PCB CARD AND A CABLE COMING FROM THE SLIDER PCB WHICH HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO THIS CARD,,,,,,,
HOW CAN I GET MY MACHINE RUNNING IN THIS CONDITION.
IF THE CABLE FROM THE SLIDER PCB LEFT FREE, THEN THE MACHINE GIVES HEAD MEMMORY ERROR & HANGS.
PIC ATTACHED....PLSE HAV A LOOK & SUGGEST.....THANKS IN ADVANCE.
attachment.php

You can use the memory card from old head.
But if it is first time you fit DX5 head (unlocked) on JV33, you need to set a parameter on the printer, or the printer will not recognize the DX5 head.

Brent

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You can use the memory card from old head.
But if it is first time you fit DX5 head (unlocked) on JV33, you need to set a parameter on the printer, or the printer will not recognize the DX5 head.

Brent

I have seen this mentioned a few times and ask every time but never get an answer. Specifically what parameter and what to change it to will let one use a non-oem head. I had always been under the assumption that the only way to use a non-oem head on a JV33 was to keep the printer at version 2.20 firmware. If we can use later 3.0 and higher firmware with a non-oem head by changing a parameter I'd love to know what parameter to change.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is a parameter that turns the head memory on or off which some people think allows you to by-pass the head check. This is not true. It will not look for the head memory but it still does a voltage check of the head, and if it is not an OEM Mimaki head, you get a device construction construction error 202.