• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX5 Head Ultrasonic Cleaning

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Hey guys,

I want to thank you for any responses I get. I have a Mutoh 1204 that for months I have been having issues. I bought a new head but am waiting on it to show up. I figured that I would try to use a Ultrasonic cleaner and see if I could get the black unclogged. I tried everything else - soaking, new capping station, etc. But I have questions. Has anyone had success doing this? If I try it then do I submerge it in solution or do I just put a little and set the head in it? How long do I set it for? Is there a temp that I should put it on?

If anyone can give me some tips I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Diane

netsol

We bought one of those chinese knock off print hed doctors, (a glorified aquarium pump with an ultrasonic cleaner built in.) the jury is still out on how well it will work.

It is very easy to destroy the internals with an ultrasonic cleaner.

IF IT WERE ME, (and i could be wrong, not having seen your machine) i would put a cleaning cartridge in the black position, but i would carefully add a small amount of acetone (1/2 oz) to the full cartridge first.

Do several clening cycles till black tube runs clear

again, what iwould do, let it sit overnight

Then get ink back in the line

Vanderj & a few others with MORE experience may disagree, but, i think this is your best chance of some success

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Thank you for your suggestions. I am so frustrated that I may just hang the business up. But I appreciate you opinion. Will try about anything right now.

LCS

We have a Mutoh 1304 and it has some age on it "8 years". The black had lost 1/3 of its nozzles. We are a unique business that is an IT company and Graphics so we replaced our printhead ourselves. half day process but in the end we had a like new printer with new print quality. We bought our printhead from Digiprint and have had good success with this company for all parts we have gotten.

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
We have a Mutoh 1304 and it has some age on it "8 years". The black had lost 1/3 of its nozzles. We are a unique business that is an IT company and Graphics so we replaced our printhead ourselves. half day process but in the end we had a like new printer with new print quality. We bought our printhead from Digiprint and have had good success with this company for all parts we have gotten.
Thank you for responding. I actually got a new print head again from solvent ink in Colorado. Digiprint was out of stock right now. I have replaced the head already 2 times so know how to do it. I think I might have found out the issue. I cleaned the ink lines out and now am waiting for a new needle for the black. I think that might have been why my head went dead on the black side. Not enough ink going through or something like that. I hope that gets me up and running because I have orders I can't fill right now. The need will be here tomorrow and we will see. Cross your fingers everyone and say a little prayer. and Thank you all for your help.

netsol

Are you changing dampers & cap tops.
You slways should with new printhead, but especially if you feel the old one was cut down in it's prime