• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Dx5 printhead Identification

Davidomilligan

Trying to find out which printhead is in my mutoh. Searching online they usually have a qr code on a label. The previous owner installed the print head and looks like he got some cleaner on the label so it's rubbed off. I need to order a decoder board so it will print properly but from the research I've done it could be a first locked second locked or third locked head so want to make sure I'm ordering the right part. The only number I found on it was 1a0770. Ive tried searching that number but can't find any info online. Any help is appreciated thanks
2705e45cd37938bf0efb8a377b2675ec.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
To not need a decoder you will need an OEM head with the green connector. Mutoh and Mimaki both use them and both are compatible. The manifolds are slightly different though so if you get one intended for Mimaki you will need to install the manifold you have now on it. For a green connector head you will spend at least around $1600 or more depending on where you get it. Original early unlocked generic Epson heads are pretty much almost unheard of to find anymore unless you happen to find an old still new in the box R1900 or some other several year old desktop printer with that head in it. Not very likely though. The decoder boards from China seem to mostly work okay with first locked heads but they can also be unreliable in the long run and you will need a second set of head cables and they find some way to strap the decoder board to the head carriage so it nor the extra cabling will catch on anything while it is rapidly moving back and forth. I used a decoder on a Mimaki for a while but one day it just stopped working. Ultimately ended up just getting an OEM head with the green connector.

Davidomilligan

To not need a decoder you will need an OEM head with the green connector. Mutoh and Mimaki both use them and both are compatible. The manifolds are slightly different though so if you get one intended for Mimaki you will need to install the manifold you have now on it. For a green connector head you will spend at least around $1600 or more depending on where you get it. Original early unlocked generic Epson heads are pretty much almost unheard of to find anymore unless you happen to find an old still new in the box R1900 or some other several year old desktop printer with that head in it. Not very likely though. The decoder boards from China seem to mostly work okay with first locked heads but they can also be unreliable in the long run and you will need a second set of head cables and they find some way to strap the decoder board to the head carriage so it nor the extra cabling will catch on anything while it is rapidly moving back and forth. I used a decoder on a Mimaki for a while but one day it just stopped working. Ultimately ended up just getting an OEM head with the green connector.
Ya I'm trying to save up for the right head I was thinking I'd get a decoder board and then keep putting money aside for the new head

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk