• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx5 printhead solution

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Hey guys I'm trying to see if anyone has a solution combination to clean out a clog in a dx5 eco solvent print head. Some say just rubbing alcohol. Some say acetone. I'm curious what you use. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless for your help.

netsol

netsol

Premium Subscriber​

acetone will dissolve most clogs. TOO MUCH ACETONE will destroy your printer
follow my suggestion at your own risk, but i have had fairly good results with this method
easiest way is to use a flush chemical and add 15-20% acetone to it.
saturate the felts in the captop and pinch off the drain line. (fill to the point where the liquid is contacting the head.)
the other chemicals in the flush mixture will keep the ink from setting like cement, when the acetone dissolves.
so, let the mixture stay in contact with the head for at least an hour, perhaps as long as overnight.
after doing this, i would take a syringe and flush the hell out of the captop and run a couple cleaning cycles (at least 3.)
alternate cleaning cycle and test print with perhaps another shot of flush NO ACETONE.

you should see quite an improvement in the test print, getting better if you repeat

keep in mind:ONE TIME i overdid the acetone and didn't hurt anything else, but, the next day i had a cleaning pump frozen. i imagine i solvent welded the impeller inside the pump. So keep in mind how important flushing the acetone out, after your soaking is.

unmateria

Hi :) neither of both. Acetone wont hurt the printhead but will instantly kills the peristaltic pump silicon tubes. Once acetone touches them, all ink will adhere to those tubes. Alcohol, isopropyl etc just do nothing and you can have a pigment disociation on the printhead and you will have worse problems than before. Ask the dealer of your inks for a proper solvent for those inks (about 60€ liter). All those are ok to have them overnight altough usually in 3-4 hours you have the best results. And like netsol said, always suck from the cap, never push liquid into the printhead