• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help DX6 Printhead replacement on a Mimaki

VegasPrinter

So i swapped out the DX6 printhead on a friends Mimaki JV150-160. Everything was fine until the machine stated printing a line of each color alongside the actual print. What can this be? Also swapped out the cables and fuses.

Attachments

• 20200729_182734.jpg
    20200729_182734.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 262

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
There is a lot of confusion around the DX6 and DX7 heads. Long story short: Epson makes all of the heads I am about to mention. The DX5 print head was/is a very popular print head that Epson licensed out to 3rd parties to use in their printer designs. The DX6 head was next but Epson didn't license it out to 3rd parties. The DX7 than came out very soon after and was licensed to 3rd parties like Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki and others. Since they all skipped from DX5 to DX7 a lot of people just assumed the DX7 head was actually the DX6 when it wasn't. Now you search for DX7 and get a lot of results for DX6 heads for that reason. The lesson here is that there are a lot of websites selling parts out there but most of them are not knowledgeable about the product at all.

Last edited:

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
I agree with Jim check head calbles, and also clean the encoder strip.