Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help DX6 Printhead replacement on a Mimaki

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by VegasPrinter, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:23 PM.

1. VegasPrinter

VegasPrinter New Member

Jul 14, 2020
    So i swapped out the DX6 printhead on a friends Mimaki JV150-160. Everything was fine until the machine stated printing a line of each color alongside the actual print. What can this be? Also swapped out the cables and fuses.

Attached Files:

2. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I would suggest reseating the head cables, at the same time checking the cables for any ink or damage.

3. micadesign

micadesign New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    portugal
    did you bye a dx6 or dx7 head?? mimaki jv150/300 use dx7 printehead

4. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    There is a lot of confusion around the DX6 and DX7 heads. Long story short: Epson makes all of the heads I am about to mention. The DX5 print head was/is a very popular print head that Epson licensed out to 3rd parties to use in their printer designs. The DX6 head was next but Epson didn't license it out to 3rd parties. The DX7 than came out very soon after and was licensed to 3rd parties like Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki and others. Since they all skipped from DX5 to DX7 a lot of people just assumed the DX7 head was actually the DX6 when it wasn't. Now you search for DX7 and get a lot of results for DX6 heads for that reason. The lesson here is that there are a lot of websites selling parts out there but most of them are not knowledgeable about the product at all.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 10:24 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I agree with Jim check head calbles, and also clean the encoder strip.