• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dye sublimation printer or eco-solvent & heat transfer film?

JLD984

Wondering which process produces the best results for dye sublimation. I'm mainly interested in printing neoprene drink coolers, flags and sports uniforms. I enquired about the Roland Texart dye sublimation printer and Roland Texart heat transfer calendar but was advised my Roland VSi is all I need, printing on heat transfer film then using a heat press. What produces the best results? Any help appreciated.

amw

Longtime Members
Wondering which process produces the best results for dye sublimation. I'm mainly interested in printing neoprene drink coolers, flags and sports uniforms. I enquired about the Roland Texart dye sublimation printer and Roland Texart heat transfer calendar but was advised my Roland VSi is all I need, printing on heat transfer film then using a heat press. What produces the best results? Any help appreciated.

You can do a print and cut heat transfer, which will be fine and all you need is good material to print on.
Dye sub right to a product is better though, no hand plus holds up much better over time etc.

Marsha

w2csa

Dyesub is probably best for the drink cooler but for shirts Dyesub will be limited to 100% light color polyester.
Printed vinyl will allow dark color cotton shirts to be embellished.