• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dyss Cutter Review

bofferdahl

We have a Kongsberg XL44 and need to add a new digital cutting machine due to our increase in jobs to cut. We are looking at a DYSS due to the price point and machine capabilities. Does anyone have good/negative experience with these machines and service. Are they reliable? We are looking at the DYSS X7.

ProPDF

We have a Kongsberg XL44 and need to add a new digital cutting machine due to our increase in jobs to cut. We are looking at a DYSS due to the price point and machine capabilities. Does anyone have good/negative experience with these machines and service. Are they reliable? We are looking at the DYSS X7.

Maybe I am wrong but I think this is a re-badged Chinese flatbed cutter near Guangzhou with 3rd party camera attached. In all honesty I would stay away. If you do venture out and buy it get opti-scout software not the other kind they were pushing with it for $10k. We came across them a few years ago when doing research and even the salesman said don't buy them.

Another important point is your re-sale value will be horrible. Nobody wants a old Chinese or off brand flatbed cutter 3-4-5-6 years from now. Used market buyers will however pay for a decent used Kongsburg or Zund 10-15 years old. You want to spend time being a professional at your work not being a repair technician for an off brand cutter......but maybe I am completely wrong.

Robert Gruner

bofferdahl,

You might consider a ticket to Las Vegas next week to attend the ISA Show at Mandalay Bay. I'm sure you'll get the opportunity to see multiple flatbed cutters. If you are looking for a well built flatbed in the DYSS price range, check out the Summa flatbed cutter options in the Nusign or Summa booths.