Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyss Cutter Review

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by bofferdahl, Apr 14, 2017.

1. bofferdahl

bofferdahl New Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Minnesota
    We have a Kongsberg XL44 and need to add a new digital cutting machine due to our increase in jobs to cut. We are looking at a DYSS due to the price point and machine capabilities. Does anyone have good/negative experience with these machines and service. Are they reliable? We are looking at the DYSS X7.

2. perfectpdf

perfectpdf Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Chicago
    Maybe I am wrong but I think this is a re-badged Chinese flatbed cutter near Guangzhou with 3rd party camera attached. In all honesty I would stay away. If you do venture out and buy it get opti-scout software not the other kind they were pushing with it for $10k. We came across them a few years ago when doing research and even the salesman said don't buy them.

Another important point is your re-sale value will be horrible. Nobody wants a old Chinese or off brand flatbed cutter 3-4-5-6 years from now. Used market buyers will however pay for a decent used Kongsburg or Zund 10-15 years old. You want to spend time being a professional at your work not being a repair technician for an off brand cutter......but maybe I am completely wrong.

3. Robert Gruner

Robert Gruner Member

Mar 6, 2012
    houston tx
    bofferdahl,

You might consider a ticket to Las Vegas next week to attend the ISA Show at Mandalay Bay. I'm sure you'll get the opportunity to see multiple flatbed cutters. If you are looking for a well built flatbed in the DYSS price range, check out the Summa flatbed cutter options in the Nusign or Summa booths.