• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E-Commerce?

2B

looking to do a side project which would be E-commerce based and looking at different Credit Card processors

Authorize.net keeps coming up as the go to place but they have numerous fees.

Talked to Intuit and since I will be using QB they charge 9.95 per month + processing fees with no additional fees (gateways, etc...)

for those who do E-commerce what are you using and why?

Thanks,

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We use PayPal. Their pricing is very straight forward and simple. At first, they may seem like they charge more than a processor that has use use auth.net, but in the end it will be about the same or less, and you know exactly what you are paying for.

With any standard processor you'll find fees for everything. Monthly terminal fees, statement fees, batch fees, pci compliance fees, it's ridiculous.

I have not used intuit, but I know PayPal is great. We use their Pro Merchant I think. It's 2.2% + $.30 and NOTHING ELSE. Amex is 3.5% and NOTHING ELSE at our volume. We're even set up with no monthly fee so I don't even get a statement because they don't charge us anything else. The fee comes out at the time of payment.

The only gripe about PayPal is the settlement time. It generally takes a few days for the settlement to transfer. We just budget for this and we're fine.

TXFB.INS

:thread

sorry if this is off track but I am looking for E-commerce templates that can be bought ought right, I do not want the monthly fees.

I to am using QB and am having a tough time finding a template that will work with them without having to purchase a plugin to make it work or having them do all the hosting/designing etc...

FireSprint.com

:thread

sorry if this is off track but I am looking for E-commerce templates that can be bought ought right, I do not want the monthly fees.

I to am using QB and am having a tough time finding a template that will work with them without having to purchase a plugin to make it work or having them do all the hosting/designing etc...

http://ecommercetemplates.com/

http://www.magentocommerce.com/download <- one of the most commonly used hosted shopping carts out there.

The other thing you can do is install a CMS (Content Management System) like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc and typically find a plugin that works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content_management_systems

If you're not really big into the web development thing, you really might be better off using a hosted solution (monthly payment). Even if you're spending $50 a month more than you would to simply host the site yourself, think about what a missed sale costs you because your site isn't running just right? I'll bet one average order pays for a month or more. Just a thought.

signswi

The other thing you can do is install a CMS (Content Management System) like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc and typically find a plugin that works.

This is one of the few situations where I don't recommend WordPress or Drupal (I never recommend Joomla...). I recommend using a hosted ecommerce solution like Shopify. For ecommerce needs too big for Shopify, try Volusion. If you really need to self-host, Magento (but be warned, there's a high learning curve...).

FireSprint.com

This is one of the few situations where I don't recommend WordPress or Drupal (I never recommend Joomla...). I recommend using a hosted ecommerce solution like Shopify. For ecommerce needs too big for Shopify, try Volusion. If you really need to self-host, Magento (but be warned, there's a high learning curve...).

We went through the same steps. Sound advice.

royster13

I have used PayPal for CCs for a long time and have not had issues.....Until today......I had a clients whose cc payment would not go through.....After talking to PayPal I learned there is a limit to the amount they can pay without having a "Verified Account"....Not a crisis but inconvenient......