• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

e-mails from pay pal a scam?

gabagoo

I keep getting emails from pay pal or someone and it clearly states someones name and an amount of money. The names are never the same and i dont use pay pal so i know it is a scam.

Anyone know how this works? I am curious?

TwoNine

How what works? Scam emails? First they get your money, then you pay the bank back. In a nutshell.

Locals Find!

Most of those want you to Login in to a fake paypal website so they can get your username and password.

You can go to the real paypal and report them. They are very aggressive to shut those scams down and keep em shut down.

gabagoo

How what works? Scam emails? First they get your money, then you pay the bank back. In a nutshell.

Gee thanks, I never would have figured that out...... I gonna send you some shrimp...you know the routine.lol :ROFLMAO:

gabagoo

Most of those want you to Login in to a fake paypal website so they can get your username and password.

You can go to the real paypal and report them. They are very aggressive to shut those scams down and keep em shut down.

Thanks man, I never click any links, but in the last month or so I have recieved well over 10 of these.

Slamdunkpro

Paypal will never send you a login link. They tell you to go to paypal.com and log in. If there is a click here and log into your paypal account button / link it's a scam.

webguru

If you hover over the links in the e-mail you will see the web address they actually direct you to. If you hover and don't see it, right click the link then click on properties, this will show you the redirect address.

Locals Find!

Thanks man, I never click any links, but in the last month or so I have recieved well over 10 of these.

I get these all the time. I just report them to paypal and they seem to stop for a while then a new one pops up. If you don't report them though it lets them keep scamming other people.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I get these all the time. I just report them to paypal and they seem to stop for a while then a new one pops up. If you don't report them though it lets them keep scamming other people.

Here's the thing... Any solicitation for damn near anything via email or via phone is more likely than not a scam. If you always treat it that way you'll never get hosed. On those exceedingly rare instances where it may be legitimate, the interested parties can contact you in person with credentials on display. If I should miss out on something by being this way, I simply do not care. Not even a little bit.

Add to that the fact I despise PayPal and enjoy reveling in a good bit of schadenfreude at any woes they might experience. My loathing for this organization is such that I will do without before I use their dubious and inept services. That being the case, there would have to be hot bamboo slivers shoved under my fingernails before I would notify PayPal of anything.

Other people can look out for themselves. If they're sufficiently stupid to fall for some sort of scam of this nature they deserve everything that happens to them.

Locals Find!

Here's the thing... Any solicitation for damn near anything via email or via phone is more likely than not a scam. If you always treat it that way you'll never get hosed. On those exceedingly rare instances where it may be legitimate, the interested parties can contact you in person with credentials on display. If I should miss out on something by being this way, I simply do not care. Not even a little bit.

Add to that the fact I despise PayPal and enjoy reveling in a good bit of schadenfreude at any woes they might experience. My loathing for this organization is such that I will do without before I use their dubious and inept services. That being the case, there would have to be hot bamboo slivers shoved under my fingernails before I would notify PayPal of anything.

Other people can look out for themselves. If they're sufficiently stupid to fall for some sort of scam of this nature they deserve everything that happens to them.

Yeah, Bob everyone knows what a waste of good carbon, oxygen & water molecules you are on this earth. We all know your the weakling that would hide in the fox hole pissing himself while his buddies were getting shot on the battlefield.

So, it doesn't surprise me in the least that you wouldn't try to look out for your fellow man. The only consolation I can take from that fact. Is that when in your old age and get ready to cross the street in the path of an oncoming vehicle. You will think for that brief few remaining seconds of your life why didn't anyone stop me and, you will remember this post.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Damn bob now you have me wondering if I should have given these guys my bank info......

FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA.
LAGOS, NIGERIA.

Dear Customer,
A Bank Check of ($ 850,000 USD) tagged to your Name & E-mail contact, was deposited
into our office 2ND Of April 2012 for immediate (Wire Transfer) to you. Please get
back to us for full details regarding this funds transfer and its origin.
Thank You.
Mr. Chris Walker.
Funds Transfer Officer.

I really could have used that $850k

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Yeah, Bob everyone knows what a waste of good carbon, oxygen & water molecules you are on this earth. We all know your the weakling that would hide in the fox hole pissing himself while his buddies were getting shot on the battlefield.

You ever been shot at bucko?

You really shouldn't attempt to insult someone who's experience, resources, and capabilities are unknown to you.

I say 'attempt' because if the above is the best that your apparently feeble mental tackle can muster you make taunts hurled by elementary school children appear positively Shakespearean when compared to your lack of acumen in these matters.

96XP

Your right. And I had it happen just once.
PayPal recognizes that the I.P. is different from where it is usually accessed from (home per say) and they send a notice to the account holder stating the account is frozen and that it requires a phone call for security check.
Once they have obtained proof of the actual account holder, a new password and verification word are shared, one oral, and one private by way of keyboard.
Thumbs up to their security firewalls.

gabagoo

Bob must have that application wherby you type a normal sentence in and out comes a string of words that could only come from sitting in front of a thesaurus all night..... I love reading his comments, though all be it with a dictionary close by :U Rock:

Locals Find!

You ever been shot at bucko?

You really shouldn't attempt to insult someone who's experience, resources, and capabilities are unknown to you.

I say 'attempt' because if the above is the best that your apparently feeble mental tackle can muster you make taunts hurled by elementary school children appear positively Shakespearean when compared to your lack of acumen in these matters.

Last edited: