• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

e-mails that seem to vanish with no trace

gabagoo

This is weird and I wonder how many times it happens.

I received 2 emails from the same person Friday after I left work, and I opened them on my I phone. I never deleted them and in fact responded.
This morning at work I go looking for them and they are nowhere in my computer at work. Not in the deleted files either. I check the phone and they are missing from there as well and not in the trash folder.
Not sure how this happens, but I do know that from past experience that anything in your inbox can be sucked back through the server unless you have deleted or moved it to another file....
Am I going insane?

fresh

do you have gmail? We had a problem over the summer losing emails, and I know one of my clients was having problems, too. Things would vanish, not get sent, be gone without a trace.

Pat Whatley

I always had that problem with Outlook but Microsoft claims it never happens no matter how many people report it. Switched over to Thunderbird....never had another problem.

SignTeam.us

Archived perhaps? I don't know what you use for email but I know in gmail the search feature is very good. It will search all folders including trash/spam/archived etc.

But I have had that happen and I know how mind-boggling it can be lol. Makes you start to question your brain for a while. "what else have I forgotten/imagined...?" :banghead:

It happened to me a few times and emails were archived.

omgsideburns

Outlook has a problem.. a file size limit on the actual database file. After reaching about a gigabyte it starts to crap out and drop emails, and eventually just deletes itself and makes a new one.

I believe it can be fixed by simply creating new folders and organizing things since each folder creates a new database file.

J Hill Designs

Outlook has a problem.. a file size limit on the actual database file. After reaching about a gigabyte it starts to crap out and drop emails, and eventually just deletes itself and makes a new one.

I believe it can be fixed by simply creating new folders and organizing things since each folder creates a new database file.

outlook express and older versions of outlook had the 2gb .dbx limit

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There should be a setting on your phone in the email app that says, "Delete emails from server after opening". Uncheck that option and it should work. What is happening is that your phone is refreshing your email from the server more frequently than your computer. The phone sends a signal back to the server to delete. When your computer goes to see if there are any emails, your phone has already deleted it from the server.

omgsideburns

outlook express and older versions of outlook had the 2gb .dbx limit

That's probably what I'm thinking of. I had someone freaking out over lost emails a while back and I had to use a dbx extractor to save all her precious memories.. that were saved only in her inbox.