Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Panel Aluminum Composite Material

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Sign Works, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Can anyone tell me what the big difference is between Dibond and E-Panel? It is half the cost of Dibond but described as almost identical except the alum is a bit thinner. Any reason to stay away from the E-Panel product? Anyone have opinions on this product good or bad?

Tags:
  2. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    I use it for signs 4' x 4' or smaller and di-bond for full sheet. I actually use a product now called Alupanel. Same as di-bond but they has a really nice gloss black that as become very popular around here. The finish look is awesome.

3. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Nudo Polymetal is what we have found to be the closest to Dibond.

4. Gus

Gus New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    we actually have another from Alliance Metals Aluminum Composite Panels
    great quality lots of colors and glossy finish...

5. SebastienL

SebastienL Active Member

Jul 14, 2008
    The difference in thickness makes a major difference in the rigidity of the panel. Dibond is stronger and stiffer. If you need to bend it or make a corner; Diebond is what you need. e-Panel will not bend or corner at all, the aluminum will crack. Diebond is used as an architectural material, not e-Panel. Alupanel, as stated by CP signs is similar to e-Panel. Thru-stock is the same.

If you're only printing and installing a sign by the freeway, Any of these will do the job. Although we've had some problem with Thru stock when peeling the protective film. It leaves a residu that shows through the print.