• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

e071 err pf current mutoh 1604

PreImp

I get the e071 err pf current error on occasion. I haven't actually physically printed with the machine yet as I am rehabbing it, but I get the error when I am pressing he forward button from the control panel. It will feed properly for a little bit and then jump probably a 1/2 inch or so then error out. I have cleaned the encoded wheel on the left side of the machine with alcohol. The material has slack on it as to not put excessive force on the motor. I am thinking I may need to replace the encoder wheel. There is a wobble on the encoder wheel which causes it to rub against the encoder sensor, which I imagine is not a good thing. I don't see any physical scratches on the wheel across the encoder lines. Does it sound like an encoder wheel replacement is warranted or is there something else I could try??

Thanks

heyskull

See my previous thread:- http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?59169-VJ1604-E071-error-code

The fix is fit a new encoder disk and their is an update for a white plastic insert that fits into the shaft that holds the encoder disc assembly.
This plastic insert keeps the disc central to the shaft as tightening it can distort the positioning.
Your 1604 must be an early one like my own, and this part was added to later machines.
Have a look at the picture their is a white insert spacer on the shaft.
I would change the encoder disc as well as the spacer as the disc wears against the sensor when the disc is not central.

SC

Attachments

• 1604 spacer.jpg
    1604 spacer.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 247

PreImp

After reading your thread, that is exactly the problem I am having. The encoder wheel is rubbing on the same side as well. It must be the older version like yours, because there is no spacer on the shaft. Where did you get the spacer and encoder disc from?? Directly from Mutoh or aftermarket?? Thanks so much, that is great information.

PreImp

Just a follow up to this thread. I'm going to go ahead and order the retaining ring and the new pf encoder, however I was able to fix the problem my merely flipping over the encoder so that the "wows" in the encoder disk do not throw the error now. Parts should still probably be replaced, but in a pinch it got me going again.