• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E072 Err CR Current

hmtzc80

I have a VJ 1604 eco solvent printer, I have own the printer for a while and I had this error before. in the past I had been successful fixing it with the help of the great people and members of this forum. This time though is different; when the error code came on, in the middle of a print job the cart/printhead feels hard to move left/right this has never before happened. I noticed that when I unplug the CR motor the cart/printhead turns soft to move left/right. I have replace the old CR motor with a new CR motor and I get the same outcome. Please anybody with suggestions!

Thank you

heyskull

I know this is a long shot but I would clean the encoders.
Failing this, I think this could be a hardware issue and something has failed on the motherboard.

SC

logan1983

E074Err CR2 Current

Recently I bought this VJ1604 printer and was in working condition till we move over . Now every time I switch on the printer it gives the error code E074Err CR2 Current & nothing will function after that. Any suggestions guys ?

Thank you

henryp

Check that the head lock mechanism is functioning properly and that it is releasing the carriage when it is supposed to.

amyink

You need check the CR motor and its belt first.
Try to find if there are anything stop the belt, if now, try replace the belt or motor.