• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E074Err CR2 Current-Error

MVIP

Occasionally, I will get this error when I come in in the morning. It is easily cleared by powering down the printer. I just want to check and make sure it's not something serious.

I'm running A 1604 ValueJet

Thanks Guys!

-Matt

Last edited:

HaroldDesign

I've had that happen, also. Then it started happening while printing. It turned out that things become a little out of line around the head station. I don't know the name for it, but that tab on the left side of the head station is mounted to a bracket that ends up with some slop. There's one screw holding it together and if it goes out of position at all it can cause the error - even when the printer is sitting idle (I think it can end up moving from the cleaning cycle).

MVIP

I've had that happen, also. Then it started happening while printing. It turned out that things become a little out of line around the head station. I don't know the name for it, but that tab on the left side of the head station is mounted to a bracket that ends up with some slop. There's one screw holding it together and if it goes out of position at all it can cause the error - even when the printer is sitting idle (I think it can end up moving from the cleaning cycle).

Now that you say that. When i first got my printer that was bent a little, and we had to adjust (bend) it back into position. Maybe it needs a little adjustment again. Thanks! :thumb:

-Matt

Patricio

help.

please explain it better, Iam trying to find and understand what you say at my head station.

Davide

Sometimes happens to me...in theory is a meccanic problem, stell strap, binary little lubricated or dirty encoder...anyway, problems of a mechanical nature...:rock-n-roll:

cobo_design

Imaginative art ga
Maintenance That's it!!!

Hi

I have this problem today, after reading a lot of post, i found the problem!!, it's just to put some Lithium Grase in all the carriag ball bearings and also clean the encoder with alcohol. I follow this steps and now i'm printing 2 car wraps Controltac!!!

Tel

All the things mentioned can cause the cr error, there is one other thing that causes it on our machine the small tab on the left hand lower edge of the carriage that holds the head back and is operated by a soleniod I think, its the little slide you lift to free the head carriage, well every morning if we don't operate that by hand as it is a bit sticky then when the machine initiates it gives the cr error, my morning routine is to operate it by hand slide the crariage in and out then switch on we never have any bother again after that and it prints all day.
Now I know somebody will say clean it but believe me we have but every morning it is stiff but once operated is fine.
regards
Tel

utmtech

Hi

I have this problem today, after reading a lot of post, i found the problem!!, it's just to put some Lithium Grase in all the carriag ball bearings and also clean the encoder with alcohol. I follow this steps and now i'm printing 2 car wraps Controltac!!!

I have seen this error when the wiper blade gets bound up. This can be observed with that cover off and assuring the wiper fully rests to the right after a cleaning cycle. Either needs grease or is out of alignment.