• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E078 Head Cable Error Need Help...

Headhunterx

Ok, I just got this used Agfa Sherpa 64 (AKA FalconII) and I have replaced all 4 heads and flat head cables (heads were already out when I got it so I did not start it up until I got the new parts ) So now I get this error and cannot get past it. I was able to updated firmware but no change. In the service manual it says it could be the CR board or the main board (hope Not) I ordered a CR board today but it won't be here until Monday I was hoping someone here has had this problem and knew if this would solve my problem and if there was a way to check if it was the main board or something else. these are the things I have already tried .....
1- Updated firmware
2- checked all the cables from cr board to motherboard
3- turned printer on with all cables disconnected from cr board
4- turned printer on with all cables disconnected from motherboard
5- turned printer on with head driver board un-pluged from motherboard
6- replaced everything and triple checked connections
7- Prayed
Nothing worked and still can't get past this..... Cannot even get to service menu.
Any Suggestions????

Thanks In Advance,
Richard

Color Dude

I have a stupid question

The flat cables are not damaged are they? The connection area of the cable is not bent, or any of the contacts crooked or show a problem. How did the old cables look? Did they look good to the point that there was no nicks or bends anywhere? Could you put the old cables (providing they look good) back in to see if the error goes away.

Lets work on this..

Color Dude

One more thing, your saying the you cant get into service mode, that means the printer errors right after initializing correct?

Headhunterx

One more thing, your saying the you cant get into service mode, that means the printer errors right after initializing correct?

You are correct here.....and to answer your first question almost all of the old cables are worn and some of the the ends are messed up (missing pieces) and all my cables are new and look great. I have even tried this with no cables attached at all Nothing gets rid of this error.

Thanks,
Richard

Headhunterx

Update !!

I just thought I would update this and see if I could generate some help or help someone else who might have seen this error so here is what has been done so far:

Replaced motherboard, main power supply, head power supply board, head board, main cables to heads (the eight long cables from motherboard) small board on right side of printer at motherboard ( don't remember what it is called),harddrive, heads, head cables, control panel, still no JOY still the same error and I cannot get into the service menu because of the error and I also changed the firmware to 4 different versions. These parts that were changed were on loan from ( Atlantic Computer Services) they have been very helpful and Ernie is the one to speak to if you need parts. Does anyone have any other suggestions ? This is the 4 heater model.

Thank You,
Richard

rjcuri

Need help too!!

I know is been a while, were you able to fix this error?

I am in the same exact situation, please help!!

Thanks