• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

e082err wiper sns

Joop

Well today isn't my day. I was performing cleanings to get my nozzles firing... Mutoh guy suggested a head soak then 2 strong cleanings afterward.
Did the head soak for about 20 min. and went to perform the first strong cleaning. Then I got that error messege: "e082err wiper sns". Which apparently the wiper is off the cam... which according to everyone I spoke to so far means I need a new maint. assy.

And apparently it's considered a consumable?!?! So 533 bucks every 2 years if you are lucky... but I have barely gotten started with this machine and I get to replace it now.

Anyway, it looks like I have a guy from GRS coming to fix it for me asap...
I was going to ask a question, but it looks like this turned into a rant.

yay.

I replaced the capping assembly once because I was getting thaqt error. I wish I had just cleaned a little deeper that what the manual recomends. The little "gears" that move the wiper back and forth had a bunch of ink gunk on them, even though I always did weekly cleanings. I cleaned alot of goo out of there but decided to go ahead and replace the part since my machine was still under warranty.
Also, check that ink isn't depositing a little "overspray whan it cleans onto the sensor itself. When I had the cap assembly replaced, the tech that put the part in cut the tubes that go to the waste tank too short so it sprayed ink all over the place. I didn't notice it until I got the error again about a month later, I cleaned deeper this time and also needed to replace the waste tank and noticed the pads were clean but the inside of my mutoh looked awful!
Needless to say they replaced the part again.
I have gotten that error since (about 8 months later) but it just takes a bit deeper clean then all is fine. It's been a few months since I got the error. I just make a habit of cleaning in the crevices(carefully of course) every other week or when I change the waste tank.
If your machine is out of warranty try cleaning really well with a swab where a general cleaning can't reach before spending the money on a tech.
Hope it helps!

Joop

dang... I put the order through already!
When you say a deeper clean, I guess that is with the swabs ans such? I was looking back there and all the gears looked pretty darn clean. The only thing I can think of is maybe some cleaning solution got back there when I did the head soak. But that won't hurt anything right?

D&Tgraphics

I just had that error on Monday. I took the right side cover off and cleaned around the wiper assembly really good with solvent solution and a swab. It worked and haven't seen the error since. I'm sure you can call GRS and have then wait on coming out until you try that first. I'm sure Dave will understand. I just talked to him about the same thing.

Joop

D&T! you are giving me hope! I just went and cleaned around the wiper more, tried it... same thing. Where exactly did you clean? Of course I am running out of swabs and cloths now... they are scheduled to get here tomorrow...

Joop

Well the guy from GRS is on his way with the part... If I could only haggle to save that 150 bucks.

SE SignSupply

Is the wiper stuck forward or backward?

If it's forward and the machine will not boot without an error you need to move the wiper back manually. Carefully turn the top gear until the wiper goes back. Once it's free, boot in service mode (hold down, right, up arrows and power on), go to endurnance test, then pump, cycle the pump 25ish times. This will move the wiper as it cycles the pump.

Disregard the above if the problem is actually the sensor itself. We have found most problems to be a stuck wiper.

Good luck,
Ryan

Joop

It's stuck forward... i'm going to try what you said now ryan... thanks! I'll keep ya posted.

Joop

Okay I managed to move the wiper backward all the way by turning the gear. But when I go to endurance and push enter I still get the same error!

SE SignSupply

Keep moving the gear both directions by hand...it could free up. You don't see a broken white piece of plastic next to the wiper do you?

Be careful not to break it...you might have to replace it at that point! :)

Ryan

Okay I managed to move the wiper backward all the way by turning the gear. But when I go to endurance and push enter I still get the same error!

Joop

Well, the deed is done. GRS came and fixed the old girl. I'm actually glad, met some new people and got a new supplier.

We did find a little tiny piece of white plastic, although I couldn't see where it came off of, the gear only seemed to work one way and not the other. Thanks for the help though!

Joop

teamrolex

Turned on the 1204 and did a head clean and straight away encountered this error - E082err wiper sns - beeped non stop.

turned the thing off.

Looked at the wiper, it got half way through it's track and stuck there.
re-shaped it and clean it a little, turned on the machine and everything good again.

Above happens once daily.

I did the pump cycle (as mentioned above) but only 10 times, the wiper moved in and out smoothly throughout.

I see the track is all gummed up with dried ink I am sure this is what's contributing to this. (I cleaned the cap station as per the manual regularly.
So based on the above, I hope my solution is just cleaning where the wiper glides along the track.

where is the wiper "sensor" located and how to remove the wiper and cap station ?