• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easel Back

Does anyone know of a easel back like in the picture that will hold up a 18" wide by 24" tall Ultra Board or posibly a styrene sign. The largest one I have found is the 15" one shown in the picture. I will need about 30 of these and need to find something with a reasonable price.

Stuart

Attachments

• Easel Backs.jpg
    Easel Backs.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 137

Circleville Signs

+1 making your own. A little difficult if you don't have some type of routing capability though - the flutes in coro make cutting rounds a real challenge by hand...

I thought of making my own but I don't have a cnc router and I'm not sure it will economical enough to dead them out to be cut.

Josh-does Micheal's have something taller than 15"? These will be 24" tall so I think the 15" one in the picture are a little to short. I would like them to be around 20" tall.

Billct2

It doesn't have to be that exact design. Three straight cuts a little dbl stk tape works fine, and it's more stable

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 112

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I make mine with gatorfoam, 2 small side strips (for reinforcement) and the angle cut, and i never try to make the easel lay flat ... I lift it up an inch, makes for a cleaner line. Also do the same with wood on masonite panels with a backer frame. both similar to the design bill did, just with side braces.

Pat Whatley

The one you posted will work short term if you can get a larger one but a 15" easel on a 24" high panel is going to be pushing your luck. Its going to put a lot of pressure on that flimsy unsupported point where it touches the table and it will eventually curl. You're so close to the tipping point already it won't take very much for it to fail.

You'd be a lot better off with a double wing stand and a taller stand. We made THOUSANDS of signs for a department store chain using them.
Something like these.... http://www.misterart.com/display-pr...ed&utm_term=72337&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts

jfiscus

Rap Master
I just make another small rectangle from scrap sintra, then use scrap vinyl to make the hinge & bottom piece.

Attachments

• pics 090911 002.jpg
    pics 090911 002.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 104

tsgstl

I also make mine from coro using Velcro works like a champ. My overlap is on the bottom.
For smaller signs we use 10mil PVC cut in 1"x5" strips
We mount the cut side to the bottom of the sign about 1/4" up for desired slant. You just can't get a cleaner look