• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

easiest clear vinyl you can see through

artofacks1

Hello,

Was wondering what clear vinyl you guys recommend that has the least blur to it. I know there is Gerber Window vision, how clear is model mark? Is it easy to see through. Need something like a Window tint. Will get the decal some tint but won't impair seeing it. Figure if I find the right clear material. I can print using transparent foils.

Thanks,
Robert

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
First you say 'clear', then you say you need a 'tint'. Not sure what you're looking for. For clear, just use Oracal 290F or 3M 8514....they are laminates but work for vinyl too.

artofacks1

I need something that is clear and you can see through with out blur that adhesive gives some material.

I will tint the material with edge transparent foils.

Thanks

lgroth

The clearest I've ever worked with is 3M-IJ8150 Clear View... Both the vinyl and adhesive are optically clear, if it's used out in the elements you can laminate it, 3M's 8914 lam is also optically clear. It's rated for 7 year outdoor and removable, not cheap though...

Gene@mpls

Wasn't someone talking about a polyester or mylar clear that was supposed to be super clear? I went back to look for it a few days
later and couldn't find it of course.

Bill Modzel

I've had good luck with Oracal 651 or 751 transparent. Depending on the longevity or application needed. Cast or Calandered.