Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Banner Recycling

Discussion in 'Think Green!' started by MontereySigns, May 22, 2011.

1. MontereySigns

MontereySigns Member

Jun 19, 2009
    We recently picked up some new business from a high profile, environmentally-conscious local company. They had an upcoming event that required thirty eight 25" x 48" digitally printed banners and wanted to recycle the banners afterwards.

I called around to several suppliers to research my options. One was trying to sell me on fabric, the other their "eco-media", and another the Ultra-Flex Bio Banner. All of these options were over $600 for a 54" x 150' roll.

I called my local waste management company and discovered they are now recycling Xign banner material rom LG. They said to just toss the printed rolls right into your regular recycling bins! I know this product prints great and I already had it in stock so it was a no-brainer. My customer was thrilled, I made some extra $$$, and the waste probably made a sleeping bag or something. Thought I'd share....

-Bud

Tags:
  2. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    who was the waste management company that would be helpful to share.

3. MontereySigns

MontereySigns Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Waste Management Company

Sure. It is Monterey City Disposal Service. Their web address is www.MontereyDisposal.com.

If they can do this I am quite certain many others can, too. Check it out for yourselves.

-Bud

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Check with billboard companies local to you. Lots of them have in-house recycling programs now.

5. Bannerday

Bannerday Member

Nov 28, 2007
    PA
    What did the xign banner cost a roll?

6. MontereySigns

MontereySigns Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Price of Xign

We paid $239 for a 54" wide x 33 yard length roll. Not cheap compared to 13oz banner, but a fair price for a premium quality (and recyclable) banner material.

-Bud

7. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    When I have big mistakes or large banners to recycle I use them as drop cloths in my other business or give them to folks to do the same.