• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ebay corel draw?

lil Details

I was looking at buying a program that I can do outlines and shadows with and would like to think I would like CorelDraw. I have VE Lxi 8 apprentice and Inkscape right now. I can't hardly see putting another $200 into the Lxi to get the ability to do shadows on text....

So, I look at Ebay and find CorelDraw X4 graphics suite full version for under $100....how is this? I know we can find things cheap on there, but come on is this legit software??

Thanks....

thmooch

It can be done in inkscape...

Attachments

• shadow_outline.jpg
    shadow_outline.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 136

OldPaint

YOU CAN GET COREL X3, COREL 11,12..........no big differances for a 1st time user. for $50-100....REGISTRABLE COPY....2nd hand.............

Checkers

Some of the "deals" on ebay can be for foreign language copies or student editions. So, be careful of what you buy.

Checkers

Jim Doggett

Or OEM. Software companies have conditions of sale that it must be part of an equipment sale. However, many countries do not allow such constraints on retail sales (freer markets). So the licenses are legit; software companies just won't admit that publically. (I've emailed Microsoft a few times, asking about this. No reply.)

KevinSp

I bought a copy of X4 from ebay for less than 100 and it is a fully licensed, non academic, full version. No problems with registration or anything. I don't know how they do it.

PSG

It is just as Jim said, OEM copies. No retail packaging (ie; box), no books in DVD case with all the disks for the full suite. 100% legit and unregistered if new. Great deal but you will miss the clip art book even though you can view it thru the scrapbook function in the programs.

They can be had all day long for around $100 or under. Do your homework though, read each auction carefully to ensure it is NOT an academic version and buy from someone with a good seller rating and look to see if they are selling multiple copies. This is usually a good way to find someone that is selling OEM copies

knucklehead

And the OEM version doesn't have some VBA mumbo-jumbo needed to run the contour cut feature in Graphtec's CuttingMaster program. Plus Ebay says it's illegal to sell OEM software by itself. (Ask me how I know this?)

skyhigh

I get bombarded with emails from Corel, so this morning I decided to call and order the x4 suite. While they had me on hold, I was browsing ebay. I found an ad similar to this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/COREL-DRAW-GRAP...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efb66302c
...so I asked the salesman about these ebay auctions (with literally THOUSANDS of sales), and his response was...."I cannot say anything about those"....followed by silence. I prodded him some more for an answer, but nothing.

So I purchased this "full version", "not an upgrade", "not academic" disk for $70.50, which included free shipping. (my bad, but I couldn't resist)

Anyone want to sell me the clipart book for the $258.50 I saved? jk

skyhigh

They are real...."copies" most of the time.... buy'em up unless you like donating unnecessarily.

If by copies, your referring to "pirated" disks, then I would not condone a sale or purchase.

Being that MY seller had the ebay distinction of being a "Top Rated Seller", doing mostly Corel & Adobe products.....again, thousands of sales with a 99.8% approval rating that began August of 2008 (granted that isn't real long), I feel pretty confident that this must be legit software. Like Jim said, OEM or something of the sort, otherwise he would have been shut down by Ebay or Corel long ago.

royster13

I paid full price for Creative Suite CS3 and there were no books.....Is there a book in a "shrink wrap" copy of Corel X4?....

signage

Royster yes their is two books! You may also want to check that macro are available, on some version you do not get the macro usage which is very useful!