• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ebay think twice before buying LFP printers

supaegnt

affected,day before this posting,i escaped the rockect that would have sent i to pluto,i ducked it via insisting that i want to see the sucker prints that i won on ebay before $$$ exchanges,guess this,the sucker did not.

as for your remedy,never pay with bank related issued card with visa/mastercard.if it is'nt real c/c,do not use for any transaction.

creative

I have an idea, if anyone purchase a piece of equipment from out of state, post it here then if for sample is in the Phoenix area I can go and check it out before you pay for it, same for everyone of us on this forum.

I would be willing to do it, recently there was another printer for sale on ebay from the Phoenix area, did any of you bought it?, I can go check it out for you.

does it sound like a good thing for every body here YEI - NEI???

asignstop

Creative, It sounds like paypal reimbursed you and you still have possesion of the printer? If this is the case your are up, use half the money from pay pal to repair the printer, and you got the printer at half cost. Or sell the printer as - is with a proper (non working printer) listing and take both moneys and buy a mimaki.

jagsouthern

Tough story. I have bought and sold several large printers in the 1000's of dollars and can tell you that you ALWAYS use American Express for these purchases. They will handle your claim and return the money. I think you are throwing good money after bad at this point.

Valentino

I would never buy any printer off ebay, the whole phrase..."just replaced the heads" is alittle unnerving, I see it as a pharse like... gently used.

chopper

this is just like anything else if you do not go out and kick the tires it ends up being buyer be ware, I bought a laminator in florida I drove the 1600 miles one way to make sure that I was getting a good machine ...could you please clarify if paypal gave you your money back? the way you have it wored it is confusing to weather or not you got payment from paypal. chopper

creative

Absolutely NOT, I have NOT received any money from no one, Paypal nor seller, I would't be asking for advise if I'd had got any money, no games when it comes to business, it takes time and effort to build reputation, just to thru it all out of the window for pennies.

In order to receive Paypal's insurance money they wanted me to return the printer without guaranteeing that I will get any money back, then I'd would of be with $6,500 out of pocket, i would of lost 4500 is that simple according to Paypal, I have reason to believe that when the seller would of got the printer back I would never, ever heard from him again.

I's asked the seller numerous times thru Paypal, to open an escrow account and deposited the money, before he got the printer back or that he would sent his own technician to repair the printer and pay him direct, i told him that i did not want to see any money, all i wanted was the printer fixed.
but of course he refused both ideas.

chopper

Iam in minnesota, but if he was in my state I would pay him a visit for ya...
I just wanted to clarify if you recived funds from pay pay or not, some one else thought you got paid but that is not how I took it.. also I was not acusing you of any wrong doing just trying to understand fully..
keep us posted on what hapens good luck//chopper

asignstop

I just moved to IN, sorry I dont know him, didn't mean to come off defending him either. Just trying to help. Best thing to do is go small claims, no need to pay a lawyer, and he probally won't show whic' is an automatic win in your favor. Pay a sheriff to serve him summons. File in YOUR county!

Ali