Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eclipse plotters?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by mattGMC, Aug 4, 2006.

1. mattGMC

mattGMC New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    i have heard that these are a best bang for your buck, are they decent? and how much is their 24"?

Tags:
  2. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    What is an Eclipse plotter? Who sells them?

Sorry but I have never heard of that name.

3. wes70

wes70 Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Canada
    I purchased an Eclipse plotter about 3 months ago. I purchased mine from ND Graphics. They have outlets in most major cities across Canada. The Eclipse is a rebadged Summa. They are a great plotter as anyone who owns a Summa or Eclipse can attest to. They are pretty much bullet-proof and have excellent customer service / warranty.

4. mattGMC

mattGMC New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    but how much are they? even when i called they couldnt tell me because the sales guy wasnt there

5. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Sounds like they might have really good support!

Look.....what is the budget? It is much easier to tell you what you will get for your buck, than just to suggest a machine. Those of us that have been doing it a while know what is what and where, via experience.

We are not salespeople, just real users.

6. Roodavis

Roodavis New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    We have a Summa D520 that is over ten years old and still runs like new. We had a problem with it when it was still under warranty. Their repair person brought the part he thought might be bad, but then found it only needed a small adjustment. He left the part "just in case" and it still sits on the shelf ten years later. So if the Eclipse is a Summa with another name it should be a work horse.