• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco friendly sign materials?

calbanner

Hello ..... We have a potential client that would like a 6x3 ft. sign made using eco friendly materials.
If they did not ask for that my go to material would be 1/2 inch thick MDO Plywood, as the sign will be for exterior and mounted to posts. Most everything I google for eco friendly sign material contains alot of paper. Any recommendations......

Thanks, Peter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The MDO is completely Eco-friendly. It's what you're gonna put down on it which might make a difference. Hopefully you're gonna use Eco-friendly inks, cause I don't know of die-cut vinyls which are green. Use NON-treated posts and they'll be Okay, too.

GoodPeopleFlags

What does your customer mean by eco-friendly? The board made from recycled materials? A sign that will biodegrade? I'd figure out what they mean and go from there. Even then, it may be tough to find anything that's 100% eco-friendly.