Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco friendly sign materials?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by calbanner, Mar 4, 2013.

1. calbanner

calbanner Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Harbor City, California
    Hello ..... We have a potential client that would like a 6x3 ft. sign made using eco friendly materials.
    If they did not ask for that my go to material would be 1/2 inch thick MDO Plywood, as the sign will be for exterior and mounted to posts. Most everything I google for eco friendly sign material contains alot of paper. Any recommendations......

Thanks, Peter.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    The MDO is completely Eco-friendly. It's what you're gonna put down on it which might make a difference. Hopefully you're gonna use Eco-friendly inks, cause I don't know of die-cut vinyls which are green. Use NON-treated posts and they'll be Okay, too.

3. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    What does your customer mean by eco-friendly? The board made from recycled materials? A sign that will biodegrade? I'd figure out what they mean and go from there. Even then, it may be tough to find anything that's 100% eco-friendly.

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Not ECO-sol inks!!! LOL Stupid hippies!!!!

5. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    What type of sign? You could use some of the new decking materials ie. Trex