• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco-Sol MAX Ink (440ml cartridge) From Digiprint?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That is not Roland OEM. Can't be. It is some third party replacement. Otherwise, it would say it. The label looks different than the extra set I have on hand at the moment, unless they changed their packaging in the last month or so. That should be worded different. Very misleading.

I believe the 3 in the title stands for 3rd party.

Also, I just googled it and now its $78. a cartridge.

Andy D

That is not Roland OEM. Can't be. It is some third party replacement. Otherwise, it would say it. The label looks different than the extra set I have on hand at the moment, unless they changed their packaging in the last month or so. That should be worded different. Very misleading.

I believe the 3 in the title stands for 3rd party.

Also, I just googled it and now its $78. a cartridge.

I sent them a message asking if they were "OEM"
and they wrote back "Yes sir they are original inks."
Is that the same as OEM?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can't say for sure. If they don't say Roland DG Corporation on them, they hafta be 3rd party.

The way they word that, Original Eco-Sol MAX is a remarkable innovation in ink technology. Building on Roland's award-winning eco-solvent ink, high-density Eco-Sol MAX..... doesn't necessarily mean it's Roland's, but who knows ?? My cartridges also say ESL3-4YE on them, but the label looks different.

I would just ask them if it says the Roland DG Corp thing on the label. If it does, I know where my next order is coming from.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I sent them a message asking if they were "OEM"
and they wrote back "Yes sir they are original inks."
Is that the same as OEM?

OEM and Original are usually interchangeable terms. They seem to be legit, although I know Roland wouldn't be happy about them selling it at that price in America. As Gino said, the image of the cartridges does look outdated so you might ask them to send a picture of what their actual stock looks like. I bet they just haven't updated the image.

Andy D

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I almost always order 4 cartridges at a time. I keep a spare set and when one is needed, I just replace that one and so on, until I see the need to order 4 more. Since we got the flatbed, we don't use the Roland near as much. Ink consumption has gone down and digital vinyl, too. Still use it for banners and specialty stuff.

Yeah, let me know. :thankyou:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm going to watch this thread - I've ordered from Digi before and it went ok but there were a number of posts here last quarter with people paying for stuff and not getting their orders right away. Maybe things are good now.

Jim Hill

The last few times I ordered from DigiPrint I had to call to ask when the order was shipped and they told me they were waiting on one item that was not in stock.
I told them to just ship the rest of the order which they did but since I had already paid for the order I received a credit to my account so now the nest time I order they just apply the credit towards the items I order.

I have never ordered ink from them just parts for my Roland Printer and everything including DX-4 heads and scanner motors has all arrived well packaged and worked perfectly.

Jim

Axs

That's some insane pricing if those are OEM. I would say the labels do look correct for both the OEM ESL3 (max1) and ESL4 (max 2) cartridges. Hard to say for sure since the photos are so blurry. Are they blowing out old ink? They should be good for 2 years from manufacture date.

Attachments

• IMG_6734.jpg
    IMG_6734.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 137

Jim Hill

JoeDG:

I read each post and yes this disturbing to say the least.
Kind of surprised because dealing with them for me was easy and everything I received from them worked well with no problems.

I wonder if after the merger they will be better or worst? I guess only time will tell.

Jim

player

Unless they have decided to perpetrate fraud they will be Roland. I bought a mainboard and other Roland parts from them and they were Roland. I also bought some long cables from them that were their off brand. They said the cables were identical, but they were not. They sent me the real Roland cables for free.

hazartilirot

Yes. they had a problem with orders in the third quarter of 2019.... I bought spare parts twice for the last month each of them less 100EUR - dispatched and delivered! As for inks - why do you want to buy so expensive inks? Take Marabu... Buy inks not in cartridges, but pouches 1 liters. It's much better and cheaper. I live in Europe, but WOW - I buy 8 liters for 288EUR.