• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco- sol max ink on a plane?

JgS

I don't fly often but I was wondering if they would let you take a couple cartridges of eco-sol max on a plane in your check baggage?

AceSignsOnline

Haha, probably not. I remember my wife getting a "travel size" bottle of hand lotion confiscated. I doubt they will let any sort of cartridge fly.

MikePro

insulate the cartridge the best you can (to help keep from freezing) and check it.
I once drank a whole bottle of hot sauce in front of a TSA agent, because I didn't want to simply let it go to waste when they confiscated it. :covereyes: (pineapple habanero hot sauce from Maui.... freakin' delicious) ...and it wasn't even half the size of an ink cartridge, so they'll definitely take it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
insulate the cartridge the best you can (to help keep from freezing) and check it.
I once drank a whole bottle of hot sauce in front of a TSA agent, because I didn't want to simply let it go to waste when they confiscated it. :covereyes: (pineapple habanero hot sauce from Maui.... freakin' delicious) ...and it wasn't even half the size of an ink cartridge, so they'll definitely take it.

Put a fake label on your cartridge and make it real neat saying you have some kinda neat Christmas Cheer inside and you have to poke a hole in it to siphon the stuff out. They'll confiscate it, drink it after work and be sh!tting CMYK for days. :rolleyes:

Markus59

I would call the airline, tell them what you have and they will tell you the proper procedure if you can bring it or not. It is not considered flammable nor is it under pressure.

Kaiser

Check it in but declare it as work tools. If you're carrying a few litres its ok. So long as youre not throwing up any red flags that youre trying to smuggle the stuff in.
Just dont lie about it.
They wont cause any issues. Thats how ive transported print goods and ink before, but call them to double check anyway. It wouldnt hurt

JgS

Can I ask why you would need to take ink on a plane?? :banghead:

I'm visiting family in another state and a friend who had a printer like mine has some ink he never used so he is going to give it to me. Thing is I need to buy a couple cartridges when I get back into town. If I can bring what I need on the plane it save me a trip to my supplier.