• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco-sol printable that will stick to foam?

signs_welly

Currently flying by the seat of my pants
Printing stickers for a non-profit to go on kits for kids staying in hospitals. We used 3640 in the past, but apparently, it doesn't stick as well as they'd like.

I've never actually seen the foam, they just pick up the stickers - so I'm not 100% sure as to the consistency of it, but I imagine it's similar to Nerf footballs, etc.

Since they are a non-profit, cost is a determining factor. Does anyone have a good suggestion on another vinyl to use or a better way to get the 3640 to stick?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
3640 has a water based adhesive which is good for cost but not as aggressive as a solvent based one. 3165 is a similar product with solvent adhesive. That should work but obviously you would want to test before a long run. Arlon DPF8000 would work without a doubt but is on the pricey side and hard to remove cleanly.

2B

+1 for the high tack material

try doing a really strong post-heat and see if it will secure the bond using a lower grade material.

signs_welly

Currently flying by the seat of my pants
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'm going to suggest she try the heat gun since cost is such a determining factor.

unclebun

Depending on the type of foam, a heat gun may destroy it leaving here with a sticker and a small blob of melted goo.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Since they are a non-profit, cost is a determining factor.

That doesn't mean they are broke and don't have money. Most NFP groups are flush with cash. Every time one comes in for a quote they always play the we're a NFP and don't have funds. No different than a racer or church wanting a discount.
They play on your emotions.