Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Suggestions Eco-sol printable that will stick to foam?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by signs_welly, Jul 19, 2019.

1. signs_welly

signs_welly New Member

Apr 3, 2019
    Florida
    Printing stickers for a non-profit to go on kits for kids staying in hospitals. We used 3640 in the past, but apparently, it doesn't stick as well as they'd like.

I've never actually seen the foam, they just pick up the stickers - so I'm not 100% sure as to the consistency of it, but I imagine it's similar to Nerf footballs, etc.

Since they are a non-profit, cost is a determining factor. Does anyone have a good suggestion on another vinyl to use or a better way to get the 3640 to stick?

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    3640 has a water based adhesive which is good for cost but not as aggressive as a solvent based one. 3165 is a similar product with solvent adhesive. That should work but obviously you would want to test before a long run. Arlon DPF8000 would work without a doubt but is on the pricey side and hard to remove cleanly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    +1 for the high tack material

try doing a really strong post-heat and see if it will secure the bond using a lower grade material.

4. signs_welly

signs_welly New Member

Apr 3, 2019
    Florida
    Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'm going to suggest she try the heat gun since cost is such a determining factor.

5. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Depending on the type of foam, a heat gun may destroy it leaving here with a sticker and a small blob of melted goo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Try General Formulations 201-HTAP

7. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

That doesn't mean they are broke and don't have money. Most NFP groups are flush with cash. Every time one comes in for a quote they always play the we're a NFP and don't have funds. No different than a racer or church wanting a discount.
    They play on your emotions.