Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco Solvent Ink Dryer

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by rydods, Dec 11, 2019.

1. rydods

rydods Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Wisconsin
    My goal is to speed up drying time, preferably be able to laminate right away. I have 2 eco-solvent roland printers.
    Does anybody have or know of a drying unit? I've seen several online but I'm curious to know if any work for immediate lamination after printing.
    This really isn't meant to start a debate about out gassing myths or facts. :)

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    • Like Like x 2
  4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    If you're on a budget a couple quartz tube space heaters will work. I've done it. They have small fans in them so you get infrared heat with air circulation.

Can check into auto body supply shops too. Should have all kinds of infrared heaters on stands.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Basically, solvent inks are no different than solvent screen inks or solvent paint. It simply needs air movement. Set up a rack and put a fan on it and lay them flat, if you can, like a screen printers rack. We do it all the time, but not so we can laminate any faster, just to help cure the inks faster. The heat notion comes in to play from baked surfaces. Heated air makes for faster evaporation time so, heated air blowing over the prints will work even better. If you overheat with those lamps and things, you could cause more damage than just pre-laminating.

• Like Like x 1