Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco Solvent Inks for ROLAND PRINTERS

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Vinylman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    Anyone familiar with after market inks for the Roland CJ500/ I am converting one over to run eco solvent, and would like your feed back regarding the types of ink you are running. I just found a site selling a brand called WINCOM. Anyone know anything about them? Also where are you finding the best price performance balance? Prices per liter? Dealers who handle this?

Thanks for all the help on my earlier post I am ready to order inks, so any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Gallant Reflex

Gallant Reflex New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I have a CJ-500 and I run Roland Eco-sol...I have reservations about the aftermarket inks

3. Headhunterx

Headhunterx Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I have a CJ 500 converted and I use Wincom ink and have been so for a year now with no problems.

Richard

4. Dave L.

Dave L. Member

May 2, 2008
    USA
    Fieldcenter is a member here who can fill you in on all you need to know on the after market ink

5. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I am wanting to know about after market inks such as SolarisRoland R1121 Series 440.

Is anyone using this ink, and if so what is your opinion of it, and are you happy with its preformance?

6. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    By the way - I can't find Fieldcenter on the member list. Is he no longer a member?

7. gnemmas

gnemmas Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    CA
  8. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    So, I am to gather that nobody on this forum has any experience with after market inks such as SolarisRoland R1121 Series 440!!!

Interesting!

9. Headhunterx

Headhunterx Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Never heard of them where is some info on them?

Richard

10. MachServTech

MachServTech Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    North Carolina
    I think Eleven Ten ink has some ink with r1121.

11. MachServTech

MachServTech Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    North Carolina
    SolarisRoland?

12. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    N. Glantz Sign Supply and Fellers both offer the product.

13. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I've talked to one guy that is using it here in Tampa in his Roland. I says he has had no problems. The ink is compatable with OEM and you don't have to flush your system before using it. He said there is no difference in colors.

14. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    did you install heaters under your plattens? You will need heat to get any of the newer inks to work.

15. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

Thank you and thank you.

We offer high quality Japanese made ink for Roland machines. You may contact me direct:(949)209- 7306 & sales@fieldcenterusa.com

At first, we would offer you the 220ml cartridges(about 34% savings), If you like the colors and you know the machine well enough( I have 1/many customers who does not know his machine at all period, all he knows is to buy Roland cartridges and put that cartridge into the machine and press run, you need to know at least the higher heat will make banding and some other basic stuff to adjust to the best colors,); you can convert to refillable cartridges with liters after. This will save you more than 50%+. I have plenty of references, 100% eBay feedback(fieldcenter_merchant, 100% paypal feedbacks, 3 days money back guarantee. $75/liter for signs101 members. Retail: $80+ 220ml: $45

We carry most of large format printer cartridges with exceptional quality. Mimaki, Roland, Mutoh, HP waterbase, HP Solvent base, Seiko64s, Canon and more.

Cheers,
    Francis
    949-209-7306
    Fieldcenter Inc

16. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I couldn't bring myself to try it. Didn't get enough feed back. I bought OEM ink.