• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Eco-solvent inks

Southpaw1

Switching over my Roland Sol Jet 2 from solvent to Eco solvent. ( or is it possible and even worth considering to go Latex with the dx4 printhead )
Do the Roland brands really help your print heads last longer?
Which brands should I strongly consider & which ones should I definitely steer away from? What's the best Bang for my buck?

Last edited:

Southpaw1

huh? Roland is already Eco-Sol and Roland is the only brand to consider if you only have one printer.
This is an SJ540 that was converted from a dye sub machine to solvent. Never had eco solvent inks in it. At least it seems the ink changeover is going to be relatively simple.

Southpaw1

I need to change all the cap tops and planned to replace the ink lines (since i have an ink drop anyway). I have new bulk ink cartridges to put in also. Any tips would be helpful too.
I may need a new printhead or 2 unless someone can tell me how i should soak these.