• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ed Hardy Smart

StickySigns

We had a surprising phone call on friday asking us if we would like a challenge on saturday for a last minute road trip to FESPA Digital in Hamburg.

As we are always up for a challenge we accepted and with no further info the Fespa Smart rolled in to our facilities at 13.00h with a quite special design to be wrapped on both sides of the vehicle...

This was our first time applying latex printed avery easy apply, I was impressed at how good it copes with stretching as there wer no *clouds* at all on the fenders...
Also the company that printed missed about 3cm to do the door in 1 piece so there is a seam... would have looked nicer without it...
Too bad we had a very short time window and weren't able to finish it off completely!

Only concern I have with the easy apply stuff is the very tight crease in the center of the door that just wouldn't stick. any of you have experience with new model smart cars?

The resolution and colors on the Ed Hardy print was amazing, and so was the end result... it sits at the entrance of FESPA all week!

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 68

signswi

Even though I'm tired of Ed Hardy I like it on this Smart for some reason. Can't help with the door crease, we haven't had occasion to wrap one yet.

WrapperX

Nice colors sure - but what an ugly design on such a terribly ugly little car. Still cool to have your work displayed at such a convention though! Despite the car and design the wrap job looks nice.

2972renfro

yeah these cars are popular overseas where the roads are small and tight and gas is expensive. You think our cost per gallon is bad here? Just check out European prices