• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

edge 1 lines in print

imagesigns

hi my edge is leaving lines i presume it the print head any info on where i can get this replaced ? or things i can do to make sure its the print head,or does anyone have and edge 2 for sale.thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Before you assume it is a print head, try unplugging your machine, remove both the side covers, and remake every plug connection. I've had similar issues and they were resolved in this way.

KR3signguy

Does this mean a pixil out could potentially be an actual connection problem?
That would be a good thing. Hmm?

imagesigns

i will try this crossing fingers and praying i picked up a new cable its a try,also when i print chrome colors it doesnt do it at all,and when i do regular colors it will do it for and inch or two then be fine until that color is stopped and needed again,thanks all

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i will try this crossing fingers and praying i picked up a new cable its a try,also when i print chrome colors it doesnt do it at all,and when i do regular colors it will do it for and inch or two then be fine until that color is stopped and needed again,thanks all

That alone tell you that it isn't the print head. Sounds like you may be using a combination of foils and vinyls that the Edge doesn't like. What brands of foil and vinyl are involved?

gabagoo

sometimes a grit can build up on the head. Do proper maintenance using 99% isopropyl and the cleaning cloths Gerber supplies, and never touch the head with your fingers.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i use gerber foils and oracal edge ready vinyl,thanks

You may want to do some test prints with different combinations. We used to use a lot more Oracal than we currently do because of problems such as you are describing. We had a roll of 751 gold metallic that absolutely would not hold a good print image with any black foil we had including GSP Spot Black, Process Black and the same in Duracoat. Yet any other foil we printed on the gold with looked great. And any other vinyl we printed on with any of the black foils looked great. My only explanation is that black simply did not get along with Oracal 751 gold metallic. We had the same problem with some 751 Yellow.

We solved our problems by returning to our roots with 3M/220 ScotchCal. Oddly enough, the same problems have never shown up with Oracal 651 which we use regularly.