• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 not printing entire width...

DPMmx

Recently purchased an edge 2 from an a local auction where the shop owner had passed. This was in the main production area and hooked up to a computer when I removed it but no idea if it was working properly. did a test print and this is the result... the "bolder" printed side is the hinge side of the machine. As you can see, there is a faint image printed on the opposite side of the vinyl. Seems like a mechanical alignment issue? Ay ideas?

2013-06-09 15.44.01.jpg

DPMmx

The only thing I did was lock the lid shut and load it into my truck...about 150 mile drive to where it is now. Maybe related or not but when I first powered it on, I got a z axis homing error... turned power off then back on and it cleared itself.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The only thing I did was lock the lid shut and load it into my truck...about 150 mile drive to where it is now. Maybe related or not but when I first powered it on, I got a z axis homing error... turned power off then back on and it cleared itself.

It is possible that you have a broken or damaged printhead from moving it without locking it. It is also possible that something has simply shifted out of position due to the move. Give the printhead a close visual inspection to see if there are any visible cracks. If you don't see any, take the covers off the Edge and remake every connection you can see. Maybe you'll get lucky. If that fails, call Gerber service or the Gerber distributor of your choice.

DPMmx

Problem solved!

Problem solved so I figured I would share in case anyone else ran into this. Took the top cover off to see if something had loosened up or shifted, and opened and closed the top a few times and noticed it seemed to shift to the side a bit when locking... seems there is a tab to align the top when it is latched as shown in the pic and looking at where it was mounted, I can see a "ring" scratched into the plating from the washer under the screw head when it was originally assembled. Turns out these 2 cap screws had loosened up a little over time or possibly the lid was bumped and caused the tab to shift. moved it a little at a time until the print finally is clear across the entire width.

signage

Problem solved so I figured I would share in case anyone else ran into this. Took the top cover off to see if something had loosened up or shifted, and opened and closed the top a few times and noticed it seemed to shift to the side a bit when locking... seems there is a tab to align the top when it is latched as shown in the pic and looking at where it was mounted, I can see a "ring" scratched into the plating from the washer under the screw head when it was originally assembled. Turns out these 2 cap screws had loosened up a little over time or possibly the lid was bumped and caused the tab to shift. moved it a little at a time until the print finally is clear across the entire width.

Thanks for following up, but what picture are you taling about?

DPMmx

Oops....forgot to attach.....
This is looking into the front of the machine on the right side above the keypad.

tn_2013-06-11 16.34.27.jpg

omgsideburns

Yeah, besides that the handle/clasp assembly can come loose too causing it to do the rewind/beep press online dance.. it's really fun.

dman0427

Problem solved!

@ DPMmx. I'm looking at an Edge2 with a similar issue except the bold is on the handle side. Do you think the same two cap screws will adjust the other way?

dman0427

I think I figured it out... these screws adjust the printhead (see pics). You can see the results of each adjustment in the print.

Attachments

• IMG_6913.jpg
    IMG_6913.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_6914.jpg
    IMG_6914.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 154
  • PrintSample.jpg
    PrintSample.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 135