• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 print head data cable exchange HELP!

Bcrawf

I'm thinking the print head data cable may be the cause of my printing woes. I have another Edge 2 that I can swap out the cable and see if that's the problem but I have no idea how to go about doing this. I'm hoping that someone here has done this and would be willing to share some insight. I've been in contact with Gerber but I'm not getting much help. I would like to be certain it's not the data cable prior to shipping the printer off to Gerber! My biggest problem is removing the grommet without damaging
it or the cables.

UPDATE:

I've swapped cables and still have the same old problem. I'm pretty sure it's the print head. Has anyone tried exchanging print heads or is Gerber the only way to go?
Thank you,
Bruce Crawford
Crawford Signs
440-322-9792

Hielorojo

I'm thinking the print head data cable may be the cause of my printing woes. I have another Edge 2 that I can swap out the cable and see if that's the problem but I have no idea how to go about doing this. I'm hoping that someone here has done this and would be willing to share some insight. I've been in contact with Gerber but I'm not getting much help. I would like to be certain it's not the data cable prior to shipping the printer off to Gerber! My biggest problem is removing the grommet without damaging
it or the cables.

UPDATE:

I've swapped cables and still have the same old problem. I'm pretty sure it's the print head. Has anyone tried exchanging print heads or is Gerber the only way to go?
Thank you,
Bruce Crawford
Crawford Signs
440-322-9792

I installed a printhead on my Gerber I,no more of 20 minutes, no problems, work great, I could help you.
Regards.