• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

edge 2 problem help please thermistor error

mrbid

Need help.
my edge during a run
beeped and said thermistor error and then read paused.
and know the machine will not due anything.

if i try to run anything when i put i online it says 154 0 23
but that number bounce around alittle up and down

but it will not print if i try to still print it say thermistor error and then read paused

help please.

Mreiter@gsimages.com

CBurr

The thermistor is part of the printhead and measures the temperature. You can't see it as it is on the backside of the printhead where it touches the mount. I don't remember many of the failing.

It is more likely that the printhead data cable has failed or the bottom cpu board.

The number 23 you referenced is the temperature of the printhead in C. It must be 25 before the edge will print. It may also tell you if the data cable is bad. With the unit online displaying the numbers raise the cover up and down slowly and see if the temp goes to 0 or radically changes and indication that the data cable is intermittent. You can also wiggle the cable, it is on the back left if standing at the keypad.

Also try resetting factory defaults, hold reset on power up. This however will turn off the thermal display and you will not see the numbers when online anymore. The numbers are easy to turn on, using setup menu turn on thermal display.

Hope this helps,