• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 problems

JRgraphics

I'm installing a Edge 2 and get this error "Missing parallel port driver". The GQMgr shows the error "Unknown error attempting to get device status". All the cables are plugged in correctly. The Sentinel pro config listed the ECP LPT-2 port as available. Can someone help me with what I am missing ?

Thank you, JR.:frustrated:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Did you select No for the LPT port in the Sentinel config? The only port that should be selected as Yes is the one that has your dongle plugged into it.

Tony Teveris

What type of OS, sounds like the WarpNine driver is not installed. If the system is a 64 bit OS it will not install and you need to move to the USB to Parallel solution. What version of Omega?

Run GQMgr and bring up it's about dialog it will give you the WarpNine driver version if it is installed.

Centro Graphics

slightly off topic amd prob not helpful from your question bud. But why oh why buy an edge? I never ever wanted one of those over priced good for not a lot pieces of t**d.

They are useless unless doing loads of small stuff, even then they are rubbish and useless. sorrry

Sorry to be blunt Sell it.

Centro Graphics

Maybe a personal thing, just never ever rated em.

I may of used the service of an edge more than 10 years agol.Come on they are rubbish for signs and graphics. Only good for labels and small format, even then not the best choice, no?

A Mimaki JV33 1370 great kit,

mike ham

slightly off topic amd prob not helpful from your question bud. But why oh why buy an edge? I never ever wanted one of those over priced good for not a lot pieces of t**d.

They are useless unless doing loads of small stuff, even then they are rubbish and useless. sorrry

Sorry to be blunt Sell it.
wow!!! wish i had a large _enis.

JRgraphics

Hi Fred, hi Tony,

Thank you for your help, I ended up reinstalling Windows 8 32 bit along with Omega 5. This worked and I'm back to work. Thanks again, JR.

signgirl

We made thousands upon thousands with our edge over the years and I'm still using one today that makes great money everyday..

MindsEyeOpen

Maybe a personal thing, just never ever rated em.

I may of used the service of an edge more than 10 years agol.Come on they are rubbish for signs and graphics. Only good for labels and small format, even then not the best choice, no?

A Mimaki JV33 1370 great kit,

We use our Edge mainly for jobs that are too small for a screen or flexo setup. Just for this application it is a huge money maker for us. To set up a 50 label run for screen print just isn't practical or cost efficient. But on the Edge I can crank out those 50 labels in just a couple of minutes.

We have a JV33 as well that we use for large format. We love it. I've run Mimaki's (JV3 and JV33) for many years now. It is a great printer. But it won't do the things the Edge will. The Edge gives our shop versatility that not many shops in our area have. Wouldn't trade it for anything.